• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If any on the top four are going to start feeling the pressure, I’m looking at FGR again. It might not be such a bad thing, they’re obviously getting promoted but Im backing them to crack and take their foot off the gas.
FGR are next at Barrow and then home to Oldham. They then have to visit Bristol, Swindon and Mansfield, with Harrogate at home sandwiched between the last two. We need to keep racking the points up as the pressure builds on them !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're the only game to kick off early next Friday so we could be 8 points clear before the other teams kick off. Or we could have failed to perform in front of a big crowd and given Mansfield and Vale the chance to close in on us.

JCWhoosh

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this season but am trying to remain grounded. It's concerning that people are saying FG are only 5 points above and easily catchable when we are only 5 points above 4th but we are already as good as promoted.
We are looking so good and extremely hard to beat. Have scrapped through games we would have previously lost in years gone by. The TEAM Taylor has put together is so together it shows on the pitch. Final push. UTC!!!

grecIAN Harris

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this season but am trying to remain grounded. It's concerning that people are saying FG are only 5 points above and easily catchable when we are only 5 points above 4th but we are already as good as promoted.
We are looking so good and extremely hard to beat. Have scrapped through games we would have previously lost in years gone by. The TEAM Taylor has put together is so together it shows on the pitch. Final push. UTC!!!
Now get some context into it all with regards our form and how we've manged to shut some insurmountable amount of points that Village Green were ahead of us, the gap we've put between ourselves and those below and how not too many weeks ago we were outside of the play-off zone. We've lost one game in eighteen. We closing the gap in front of us and extending the one behind us all the time.

JCWhoosh

Now get some context into it all with regards our form and how we've manged to shut some insurmountable amount of points that Village Green were ahead of us, the gap we've put between ourselves and those below and how not too many weeks ago we were outside of the play-off zone. We've lost one game in eighteen. We closing the gap in front of us and extending the one behind us all the time.
You are totally right. I can see how well we have done this season. I believe far beyond most of our dreams to be in this position and over the moon for the team. Just need that final push as we don't get promoted on form. Only on the final league position and there are still points to play for.

Thames Valley Red

Can we afford a second bus driver for Tranmere away if needed, surely we can.

Matt Phillips

I keep looking at the run in, and find myself both getting carried away and concerned. Ourselves and FGR have the most difficult run-ins, which means if we can keep stringing out wins, we could definitely catch them. That being said, I look at Port Vale and Mansfield especially, and don't see where they're going to drop points.

Northampton and Tranmere seem to have now fallen away, which should take some of the pressure off us for those two games, but I keep seeing a scenario where we get to the final game of the season and have a realistic chance of winning the title (with Mansfield playing FGR), but also of falling out of the auto's. Has there ever been a final round of fixtures where the top 4 are all involved in games against another, with all the positions still up for grab?

denzel

I keep looking at the run in, and find myself both getting carried away and concerned. Ourselves and FGR have the most difficult run-ins, which means if we can keep stringing out wins, we could definitely catch them. That being said, I look at Port Vale and Mansfield especially, and don't see where they're going to drop points.

Northampton and Tranmere seem to have now fallen away, which should take some of the pressure off us for those two games, but I keep seeing a scenario where we get to the final game of the season and have a realistic chance of winning the title (with Mansfield playing FGR), but also of falling out of the auto's. Has there ever been a final round of fixtures where the top 4 are all involved in games against another, with all the positions still up for grab?
Northampton and Tranmere will be desperate to at least finish in the playoffs, they are two very difficult games, especially as we lost to both at home!

Grecian Max

I keep looking at the run in, and find myself both getting carried away and concerned. Ourselves and FGR have the most difficult run-ins, which means if we can keep stringing out wins, we could definitely catch them. That being said, I look at Port Vale and Mansfield especially, and don't see where they're going to drop points
Rovers, Newport, Us - you reckon 9 points from that?!

Mansfield have Salford away and FGR to come, hardly walkovers

Grecian Max

Ideally we aren't coming up against Vale with points still required, it would be a nightmare to play that game with both teams needing something.

2 wins and and a draw from our Next 4 (when I think given our form is underestimating us)

Col U (H)
Tranmere (A)
Rochdale (H)
Barrow (H)

...and we'd be on 81 on the verge of promotion with 2 to go.

I suspect we will beat Colchester meaning a big away performance at Tranmere could see us up with a win either v rochdale or barrow...