• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Arthur Davey

I'm pretty certain that there will be a Grecian coach driver who would be willing (for a season ticket etc) to provide driver cover for the longer trips.
If we can afford £2.5 mill for the training ground we should be able to find enough for 2nd driver ?
UTC
I'm pretty certain you're right... I've got a PSV licence, haven't hardly used it, mind, mostly HGV since I gained it .

Positive spin

I always enjoy reading our opponents fans forum for a different perspective on a game.
One of the Carlisle contributors is “piglet-phoenix” whose contributions seem to be on a par with our own American.
Could they be related or even one and the same ?

Matt Russell

We only had two players on loan on the pitch today, thats not relying heavily.
Look at other teams, they also have loan players. The bloke who scored for Bristol Rovers is on loan from Newcastle.
Dawson, Amond and Zanzala = three

Bridgy 81

We only had two players on loan on the pitch today, thats not relying heavily.
Look at other teams, they also have loan players. The bloke who scored for Bristol Rovers is on loan from Newcastle.
I suppose I based my comment about loan players on our goalkeeper (for every league game this season and my player of the year) and 3 (Zanzala, Amond and Phillips) of our 4 strikers (our one permanent one longterm injured) being with us on loan.
I’d say that’s relying ‘fairly heavily‘ on loan players.
I’m not criticising that at all, but made the reference in relation to a previous post that said this season’s team is ‘much better’ than our last promotion team.
I don’t recall us having that proportion of loan players then.
I’m happy to get promoted in whatever way we have to, but when we go up we’ll need a top class keeper and 3 top class strikers to replace our current loan players.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon if you asked Taylor he'd probably admit the one area of the pitch he got wrong was up front. I've no doubt he'll rectify it next season

denzel

I reckon if you asked Taylor he'd probably admit the one area of the pitch he got wrong was up front. I've no doubt he'll rectify it next season
He got it right with Nombe and Brown. He was just unlucky that one of those has been injured for half the season

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have by a distance the best yellow cards record in L2. Only the three reds (Grounds, Kit & Atangana) stops us being top overall (Rochdale haven't had a single sending off this season).

League Two - Fair play table 21/22 | Transfermarkt
Hadn't thought about yellow card risks so looked on line (https://fbref.com/en/squads/05791fbc/Exeter-City-Stats) and found below table.

I'm hoping that Tim / Josh / Nige have served a ban for 5 and which given injuries / loans effectively means we only need to "worry" about following getting to "magic 5" :-

Sweenze - 2 away
Archie / Jake / Sam / Cheick / Tim- 3 away

We may be able to cover loss of Jake / Sam / Cheick but losing Archie / Tim could be a blow.

Hope I'm wrong and we don't lose players to suspension in the run in.
UTC

Bridgy 81

He got it right with Nombe and Brown. He was just unlucky that one of those has been injured for half the season
Agreed. But 2 strikers in a squad for a full season is insufficient. Hence our reliance (correctly) on loan players.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Just got back to Derby after a perfect away day. Journey was fine, lunch was battered haggis and chips, brilliant away performance from City and another game closer to promotion!

I thought Archie had his best game for a while, he was my MOM and jack sparkes also had a good game. Great subs from KMT at just the right time too.

Fantastic support as always, throat very sore now, and who doesn’t love some last minute limbs? Geddon city, I’m 100% certain we’re going up automatically.

See you all at Tranmere for the latest instalment of the City Promotion Push.
Archie was outstanding last weekend too imo.

spodman

Hadn't thought about yellow card risks so looked on line (https://fbref.com/en/squads/05791fbc/Exeter-City-Stats) and found below table.

I'm hoping that Tim / Josh / Nige have served a ban for 5 and which given injuries / loans effectively means we only need to "worry" about following getting to "magic 5" :-

Sweenze - 2 away
Archie / Jake / Sam / Cheick / Tim- 3 away

We may be able to cover loss of Jake / Sam / Cheick but losing Archie / Tim could be a blow.

Hope I'm wrong and we don't lose players to suspension in the run in.
UTC

Past the point now for suspensions for 5 bookings (19 games) and 10 bookings (37 games). Only red cards would lead to a suspension now as not enough games left for anyone to get to 15 bookings