• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just once I’d like a few goals cushion to not nervously listen in… Swindon was the last one!
We'd all like to see some lovely free-flowing attacking football and beautiful goal after beautiful goal but I don't think there will be too many complaints if it's hard-earned clean sheets, scruffy set-piece goals and narrow wins that get us up.

Cowshed Grecian

Podge is our best striker now, we need to get him starting for the remainder when we can.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'd all like to see some lovely free-flowing attacking football and beautiful goal after beautiful goal but I don't think there will be too many complaints if it's hard-earned clean sheets, scruffy set-piece goals and narrow wins that get us up.
Doesn't do blood pressure any good !!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolute domination but not much actual chances.

Zanzala should have scored early on when through, Dieng was really unlucky with a header in the first half tipped over the bar and then another great save from a low effort in the second half.

Dieng did brilliantly again to get his head on it to knock towards Amond at the near post who scored a poachers header. Dieng really is the player of the season, he might not be our best player but he is so important to us and he massively deserves to be voted in for the award. Unbelievable signing from Matt Taylor.

Defence were immense as always when required and there was one moment where their player was twisting and turning to shoot, everyone was throwing themselves at it, the desire from these lads is insane. Dawson made sure with a fantastic stop.

RE: Zanzala, got to the point where he'll obviously play and do a job until the end of the season, but I wouldn't be looking at getting him beyond that.

It's 2 from 3 now IMO on the autos and we still have a sniff of the title. Let's batter Colchester now, someone deserves a hammering.

Grecian Max

Podge is our best striker now, we need to get him starting for the remainder when we can.
No, his legs are gone but he can be effective today. No way would I be starting him, despite not being convinced with Zanzala or Phillips. Both will leave in the summer but their running is at least useful.

Grecian Max

I mean... it kind of was that today really, we just couldn't finish. Some of the football in the first half was superb. It wasn't a scruffy win really but a relentless banging on the door until it fell down...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As it stands we still need to get to 88 points for automatic promotion, another 14 points!

Banksy

I mean... it kind of was that today really, we just couldn't finish. Some of the football in the first half was superb. It wasn't a scruffy win really but a relentless banging on the door until it fell down...
Interesting to imagine just what it would have been like with Sam fully fit Max.Wonder if he would have made twenty plus goals?

iscalad

As it stands we still need to get to 88 points for automatic promotion, another 14 points!
That's a lot

grecIAN Harris

Is that taking into account games like ours against Tranmere and Forest Green against Mansfield for example?