• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we are more likely to have Jokull back from Reading if we are in League 1 than we are to keep Cam
I think we'll be looking for something more solid and reliable than Jokull next season in League 1. Whether we can convince Cam and Sheffield Wednesday to let him come to us again next season is another question. That said, you'd be amazed what a bit of success can do to help sway things.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard there is a good chance of Pym returning.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Go up to get a step down:unsure:. If I had choice between Cam and Pymmy I know where I'd pushing the wage packet.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Go up to get a step down:unsure:. If I had choice between Cam and Pymmy I know where I'd pushing the wage packet.
Only what I heard.

Peterborough are going to be league 1 next season and so might we, is it that out of the question for Pym to join a fellow league 1 club?

If I had the choice I would also choose Cam but I just can't see him being with us next season.

older-codger

I think we'll be looking for something more solid and reliable than Jokull next season in League 1. Whether we can convince Cam and Sheffield Wednesday to let him come to us again next season is another question. That said, you'd be amazed what a bit of success can do to help sway things.
I guess it may depend on how Sheff Wed view him. With 2 established and 2 U23 keepers, they may feel that they have no room for another and be prepared to let him go. With only 9 appearances for them since 2019-20 and 2 young promising keepers vying to replace him in the pecking order then SW could conceivably see him as surplus to requirements and it would then be interesting to see who else may be interested. He seems to have enjoyed his stay so who knows?

muppetdodger

God, I'd rather have James Hamon back

Yes, it even missed the important recent nomination of Cam for League Two Player of the Month - surely it would only have taken a google search to find that?

I hope Northern Correspondent pops along again soon. If he does he should check out the Player of the Season thread.
Morning all.....great to see the results since I was last on here....at one stage I was thinking of contacting Wembley to see if I could get a season ticket for all this years play off finals.......We look like we'll be in the L1 play offs (still got a little feeling we might snatch 2nd), United look like they might get in the Championship play offs so thought I'd go and support the opposition, yourselves in the L2 play offs and I live in Chesterfield who having completely blown up since their manager was a dick, also look lile getting in the conference play offs

However, before anyone jumps down my throat, its fair to say I cant see you in the play offs...fingers crossed.

I've seen the player of the season thread and it makes for good reading.....similar for the L2 player of the month......although Berahino is in the L1 version and he wouldn't even get in our own top 5 for the month never mind the whole league!!

Keep going.....few more wins and its job done

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Morning all.....great to see the results since I was last on here....at one stage I was thinking of contacting Wembley to see if I could get a season ticket for all this years play off finals.......We look like we'll be in the L1 play offs (still got a little feeling we might snatch 2nd), United look like they might get in the Championship play offs so thought I'd go and support the opposition, yourselves in the L2 play offs and I live in Chesterfield who having completely blown up since their manager was a dick, also look lile getting in the conference play offs

However, before anyone jumps down my throat, its fair to say I cant see you in the play offs...fingers crossed.

I've seen the player of the season thread and it makes for good reading.....similar for the L2 player of the month......although Berahino is in the L1 version and he wouldn't even get in our own top 5 for the month never mind the whole league!!

Keep going.....few more wins and its job done
Are you an actual reporter oop North ?

I guess it may depend on how Sheff Wed view him. With 2 established and 2 U23 keepers, they may feel that they have no room for another and be prepared to let him go. With only 9 appearances for them since 2019-20 and 2 young promising keepers vying to replace him in the pecking order then SW could conceivably see him as surplus to requirements and it would then be interesting to see who else may be interested. He seems to have enjoyed his stay so who knows?
We've got no where near the amount of keepers you mention.

The 2 first team keepers are Bailey Peacock Farrell on loan from Burnley and Joe Wildsmith who's contract expires at the end of the season and probably wont stay....from both sides.

Of the younger keepers Josh Render has already been told he can look for another club and Luke Jackson looks like he could follow.

Having said all that it's a very interesting situation with Cam. There's still a fair amount of Wednesday fans that won't forgive him for replacing their darling Kieron Westwood and however much his good form for you gets reported you still have those that harp on about every mistake he ever made for us (the penalty save at Bramhall Lane in a 0-0 draw never gets mentioned). He still has 2 years left on his contract at what you would imagine are decent terms.

Next season if we have him back and the manager picks him then they (cam and manager) will get all sorts of grief if he makes a mistake early on in the season - which is not the atmosphere you want - but as mentioned, he'd be daft to take a significant drop in wages to go elsewhere. My fear is that we bring in a new first choice keeper and seeing as Cam is under contract he is on the bench....serves no one any good from a footballing perspective but it wouldnt be the first time this has happened.

The real unknown is what the other 90 clubs in the league are thinking....your manager could get poached by say Birmingham in the summer and then you've got a championship club with a manager who knows and likes him that may have the means to get him.....Premiership clubs with money to burn often make interesting signings as third choices and while you wouldn't think that would be a good footballing move, an offer to replace say 40 year old Lee Grant as Man Uniteds 3rd choice would take some serious thinking about.

All that apart, its great that he's done as well as he has so far this season so lets just enjoy the ride to the end......hopefully all down hill

Are you an actual reporter oop North ?
No mate......just a die hard Wednesday fan who loves his football.....I had a job that took me all round the country and overnight stays were often made much more enjoyable by taking in a local game. I quite enjoy watching a game as a neutral as opposed to the normal blood pressure raising stress we put ourselves through watching our own team