• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the most ridiculous I saw was a cancellation extra(optional)if the artist could not appear, it was only about £1.50 but was ludicrous, not least because the consumer has the right to a refund anyway in that scenario.

The ticket in question was for Killing Joke around 4 years ago.The face valve was a very reasonable £25 but with all the add ons added up to around £35 just under a 30% increase, not a great sum of money for a excellent show but you just feel that promoters & venues are taking the pi55.
Well, yeah. But as always, if you think the total price is too much, then don't go.

Yes, venues and promoters do take the pee, even more so as it looks like they've put prices (and costs) up. There's been two concert dates recently released that I wanted to go to, but when I got to the final checkout with all the added costs, I just couldn't justify spending that amount of money and so didn't bother completing.

StroudGrecian

Well said Stroudy.

What role in the band does SG junior have if it’s not impertinent to enquire ?
Not at all Al, he plays lead guitar.

This is they - production ain't great mind

Alistair20000

Not at all Al, he plays lead guitar.

This is they - production ain't great mind

Sounds pretty decent to me.

Is he following Dad as lead guitar ? I have this mental picture of you as a Ray Thomas Moody Blues type of musician: writing songs, a bit of singing and of course the flute.

geoffwp

Finally Genesis at the O2 last Thursday
I thought it was awesome particularly when they did Domino. Sad in a way to see Phil Collins having to get across the stage using a walking stick but loved the humour he was still able to bring to the night. Really did not want it to end.

Ashford Grecian

I thought it was awesome particularly when they did Domino. Sad in a way to see Phil Collins having to get across the stage using a walking stick but loved the humour he was still able to bring to the night. Really did not want it to end.
Absolutely brilliant and I found it very emotional - you can see Phil Collins still loves it and the audience interaction was brilliant. I really think this is the last Genesis tour...

geoffwp

Absolutely brilliant and I found it very emotional - you can see Phil Collins still loves it and the audience interaction was brilliant. I really think this is the last Genesis tour...
Unfortunately I fear you may be right. However, that may be down to Banks and Rutherford and how they feel. They apparently both rated Nic Collins tour performances on drums with Banks saying that his ability has allowed them to include more complex things than they had expected. Hackett is also still available and technically excellent. That leaves a place for a lead vocalist. Maybe it's not completely over? After all the tour t-shirt does say 'the last domino?' A question rather than a statement?

DB9

Just arrived at the BIC in Bournemouth to see Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Loved the album, Hoping this is just as good. (Not a band per say but it's live and my first live gig in over two years)

DB9

Just arrived at the BIC in Bournemouth to see Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Loved the album, Hoping this is just as good. (Not a band per say but it's live and my first live gig in over two years)
It was brilliant, Justin Hayward has still got it, The whole show so worth it.

ecfc70

Royal Blood last weekend

On the subject of extra costs, it still irks me that these are there, I've attached a picture of the price for 2 tickets to see Machine Gun Kelly in Birmingham which my lad asked me to look into (dont know why as he's carp) it shows the breakdown of the 'costs'

Attachments

Mr Jinx

Yes, it must've been emotional. I love Genesis, but mainly the older stuff (Pre Duke).

There was a point, I think about 12 years or so ago, when they toured and there was talk of getting Peter Gabriel back for it. And I think they had discussions on it, but old wounds opened and it was dropped. I blame Tony Banks. Either way, I'd have been at the front of the queue for that ticket.