• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone up for some Wishbone Ash music this weekend ? MARTIN TURNER and his band are on their rescheduled Wishbone Gold 50 Tour. Friday sees them at Tencreek Holiday Park in Looe, whilst Saturday they are at the Flavell Arts Centre in Dartmouth. At the latter they will be including the Pilgrimage album in entirety, along with all the goodies and classics from Argus etc !
Saw them a few times back in the day. Are they coming to Exeter, do you know?

Colesman Ballz

Saw them a few times back in the day. Are they coming to Exeter, do you know?
Not in the immediate future. Check out his website Martin Turner Music for all the details.

iscalad

Not in the immediate future. Check out his website Martin Turner Music for all the details.
Just looked.:cry: I did see him a couple of u years ago at the Corn Exchange, with Dave Cousins and Carl Palmer.

Bridgy 81

Andy Fairweather Low at my local Arts Centre a couple of weeks ago.
If Paradise Is (Half As Nice) and Wide Eyed and Legless are probably the songs he’s best known for, but he’s played with many eminent musicians over the years, especially quite frequently with Eric Clapton.
Tomorrow night we’re in Taunton to listen to an evening of Irish music, with a Christmas-ish theme.
I anticipate The Irish Rover, The Black Velvet Band, Dirty Old Town and other similar staples will feature too and as my wife is from Dublin we’ll no doubt try and factor some Guinness and whiskey (note the e) into the evening.

ecfc70

Enter Shikari last week at the great Hall and Frank Carter with his rattlesnakes the previous week at Bristols O2, both guide gigs with plenty of crowd participation going on

Grecian2K

Caravan at Exeter Phoenix last night (first gig I've had the chance to see post-Covid)

Absolutely brilliant. None of this auto-tuned, computer generated rubbish, merely almost three hours of wonderful music - old and new - being played by four expert musicians at their absolute peak.

10/10

Alistair20000

Caravan at Exeter Phoenix last night (first gig I've had the chance to see post-Covid)

Absolutely brilliant. None of this auto-tuned, computer generated rubbish, merely almost three hours of wonderful music - old and new - being played by four expert musicians at their absolute peak.

10/10
Sad I missed that. Other pre arranged stuff last night :(

Colesman Ballz

Martin Stephenson at Cleeve Village Hall, Somerset last Saturday. Again my first post pandemic gig, my favourite musician in an idyllic setting, a brilliant night out !

otterton reds

The Undertones last week at the Cheese & Grain.

david61

Last one probably the Rolling Stones, Twickenham 2003, also 1969 in Hyde Park.