• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I went to Vale on Tuesday and thought he looked the weak link (understandably!) - what on earth happened today?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This post hasn’t aged well. Thought there were echoes of Matt Grimes in Callum’s performance today. If the jury was out before it shouldn’t be now.
To be fair, I did say he'd probably have a blinder against Stevenage. And in my defence, my post was written before we knew how long Kyle Taylor was going to be out for and I didn't see too many people queueing up to tell my I was wrong before yesterday.
However, all credit to Callum. A week ago he was struggling to get in the Bath side and probably worrying about getting a contract anywhere; now he's made the most of his unexpected opportunity and probably already done enough to earn a contract for next season.

Red Monster

He’s probably saved his career as a League footballer.
If it wasn’t for our injuries he would have stay at
Bath and with him not getting much game time,
could well have been released at the end of the season.

Well done Callum keep it up.

ChardGrecian

Was concerned going into run in with injuries to midfield but Callum has stepped up and yesterday was excellent. Looks far more comfortable in central midfield than out left with some great passes and skill. Take a bow and keep it up.

grecIAN Harris

To be fair, I did say he'd probably have a blinder against Stevenage. And in my defence, my post was written before we knew how long Kyle Taylor was going to be out for and I didn't see too many people queueing up to tell my I was wrong before yesterday.
However, all credit to Callum. A week ago he was struggling to get in the Bath side and probably worrying about getting a contract anywhere; now he's made the most of his unexpected opportunity and probably already done enough to earn a contract for next season.
Some players do look more comfortable the higher they play. Callum being out on loan with Bath would probably only get him battle hardened (which is probably what he needed having been playing in Prem 2 whilst at Villa) but do little for his ability. Now he has come back to players on his own level but more aware of the physical requirements needed to make a success of himself at City.

tonykellowfan

Also I think the quality of the pitch helped yesterday and is clearly a big plus this season. The money invested seems well spent so far.

I hope that Rowe is now ahead of Atangana.

JCWhoosh

A real gem. He has stepped in seamlessly. Really shows how great our youth system / loan market is at helping players develop. It also helps that there is such a positive vibe through the squad.
He has shown KMT that he is ready to step up and a great prospect for the future. With his range of passing and constantly looking forward, can easily step into an advanced midfield to allow Dieng back and give Jay a well deserved rest. Will see Atagana leave at the end of the season allowing funds to be spent elsewhere.
What a squad KMT has built.

Spoonz Red E

Some players do look more comfortable the higher they play. Callum being out on loan with Bath would probably only get him battle hardened (which is probably what he needed having been playing in Prem 2 whilst at Villa) but do little for his ability. Now he has come back to players on his own level but more aware of the physical requirements needed to make a success of himself at City.
True enough.
Another factor is having confidence in the support, backup and awareness of the players around you.

I think this has benefited Cheick and Jevani this season as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s probably saved his career as a League footballer.
If it wasn’t for our injuries he would have stay at
Bath and with him not getting much game time,
could well have been released at the end of the season.

Well done Callum keep it up.
It's not just the injuries. The real sliding doors moment was Nigel's reckless tackle to get sent off at Oldham. If he hadn't been suspended Nigel would have probably played the last 2 games and Callum would still be out on loan at Bath.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to Vale on Tuesday and thought he looked the weak link (understandably!) - what on earth happened today?
He started slowly at Vale, true, but 2nd half was good. Yesterday he was excellent - passed the ball crisply and gave the team a better balance and Collins more space. As others have said, Matt Taylor has a headache when Dieng returns - Jay is objectively the player currently contributing least. Zanzala also was 100% improved from more accurate passing on our pitch; needs to work on his fitness though and was knackered when subbed.