• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

dontpassback

Not tall enough!
Careful,Pete might get a bit lairy 😂😂😂😂

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
That all makes a lot of sense except for the fact we only gave him a one-year contract.
I think Rowe was signed on a 1 yr deal with an option of another year.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, after tonight's showing he would be ahead of Atangana in the pecking order. Next season I'd like to see him and Kite forming a similar partnership to Dieng and Collins.
I'd like to see Dieng and Collins continue their flourishing partnership.

Arthur Davey

And a really good tackle in our box when tracking back quite late on.
Hadn't better let my missus see that post ..

scottus86

I'd like to see Dieng and Collins continue their flourishing partnership.
Obviously, I was thinking Kite and Rowe with Taylor in the Jay role in the EFL trophy, under 23's etc, perhaps the odd league game.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We clearly cant keep everyone. Thus far he hasn't made much of an impression (cant comment on Vale game as havent seen). Ultimately it will I guess come down to a judgement call for the Manager on whether he feels Rowe has more potential to kick on than James Dodd, Kite and possibly Michael Lilley who are the younger midfielders in the squad. That is unless he is seen as purely cover down the left side. Personally I dont think he is strong enough for the engine room

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he certainly hadn't made much of an impression in his left sided appearances but boy did he correct that impression in the midfield today. I cant recall many misplaced passes and he looked very composed throughout. Clearly has something about him and for me now I think Matt will retain him

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well he certainly hadn't made much of an impression in his left sided appearances but boy did he correct that impression in the midfield today. I cant recall many misplaced passes and he looked very composed throughout. Clearly has something about him and for me now I think Matt will retain him
Yep. I thought he was excellent. A very deft touch and plenty of promise. Good to see.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was the best of our midfield today. Really promising home debut.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just think that, although he looks like he has some ability and could turn out to be a decent player we have better options available. His best position looks like central midfield but we already have Collins, Dieng, Kite and Taylor under contract for next season and the likes of Dodd and Veale hopefully pushing for a chance in the first team. There might be a gap in the squad for a reserve left wing back but Callum has unfortunately struggled quite a bit whenever I've seen him play there.
A bit like Will Dean last year, he's at a stage in his career where he probably needs to drop down to a level where he has a good chance of playing regular football and play 30 or 40 games next season then assess his options going forward from there.
However, I've been wrong plenty of times before and he'll probably now go and have a blinder against Stevenage and make me eat my words.
This post hasn’t aged well. Thought there were echoes of Matt Grimes in Callum’s performance today. If the jury was out before it shouldn’t be now.