• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

tonykellowfan

Pretty good set of results for us today.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure there was anything comfortable about that. We failed to take our chances and had to rely on a decent save from Cam to keep us ahead.
That's why we signed Cam.As I said,apart from those few minutes at the end,Stevenage weren't in it.They only scored because we let them.We did everything we needed to do in order to win the match.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Well done City. (y)

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we keep grinding out the results it will be hopefully be irrelevant what the teams behind us are doing. It's very much in our hands but, of course, that could all change with two tough away games coming up.
We will need to do more than grind if we're going to prosper in League 1. We need a dependable strike force to match the quality in the rest of the team

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We all dreaming of winning promotion with free-flowing football and comfortable win after comfortable win. However, the reality is that more often than not it's finding a way to win these nervy, niggly, ugly matches that are crucial to going up. And there's always something satisfying about out-sh!thousing one of the bigger sh!thousers in the game.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we keep grinding out the results it will be hopefully be irrelevant what the teams behind us are doing. It's very much in our hands but, of course, that could all change with two tough away games coming up.
Given that our away games are difficult in the run-in, I'm very much keeping an eye on other teams' results, which I don't normally do. There could be a situation in which we just have to win our home games if other teams don't capitalise. We're now five points ahead of 4th spot, which gives us a bit of breathing space.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will need to do more than grind if we're going to prosper in League 1. We need a dependable strike force to match the quality in the rest of the team
I'm more than happy to worry about that once we're in League 1. Let's just get promoted first.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm more than happy to worry about that once we're in League 1. Let's just get promoted first.
I take that as read!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent set of results with the exception of Mansfield which keeps their auto hopes still alive.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Vale’s result shows how important our draw up there was.

Next week at Newport a must not lose game.