• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mate, I remember that like it was yesterday because I was there (although he didn’t score, he ran down the right wing and crossed for Nichols to score).

Name something else memorable he did.

Defence rests, your honour.
Jamie scored both goals on 13 April 2013 at Wimbledon. Looked a great prospect that day.

iscalad

Jamie scored both goals on 13 April 2013 at Wimbledon. Looked a great prospect that day.
Indeed. Sadly had that trouble with his legs and had an intermittent career with us.

fred binneys head

If that’s number two on the list of ‘great things he did with us’ I think I called it right when I said he didn’t do much. No disrespect to the lad, I’d clap him politely but I wouldn’t be bowing down to him and kissing his feet.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If that’s number two on the list of ‘great things he did with us’ I think I called it right when I said he didn’t do much. No disrespect to the lad, I’d clap him politely but I wouldn’t be bowing down to him and kissing his feet.
I think he'd understand fred and I think once he'd read your handout he would tuck it under his arm and applaud you back as the stewards marched you out.

Alistair20000

I had that as Jamie’s number 1 achievement for us. He should have scored three that day on a horrid pitch.

Tighter game than most will expect, they will have rested last week (covid break or maybe a Steve Evans tactic to rest his new squad and assess them?) a team keen to impress the new manager in his first game and several 'old boys' wanting to put one over their old employer, all that against a much better but injury hit, patched up, fatigued team (this is city's 7th game in March and Satanage's 4th!) so my head is saying a
2 - 2 but my heart hopes for 2 - 0. UTC!

Banksy

Looking pristine this morning. A beautiful day. 6,000 expected at SJP this afternoon.

View attachment 8165
Gosh , I wish I could be there this afternoon.

arthur

That’s a good idea. I might prepare a handout for each of them too, explaining in detail why their clappage volume is at the level it is. I’ll get banned from watching a city for a few years no doubt, but it’ll be worth it.
Do you have a contingency plan to prevent excessive clappage? I have in mind the toe curling applause for Matt Gill every time he took a corner in front of the Big Bank when he first played for Norwich.

Gosh , I wish I could be there this afternoon.
I will be, must remember my sunglasses!:cool:

scottus86

Tighter game than most will expect, they will have rested last week (covid break or maybe a Steve Evans tactic to rest his new squad and assess them?) a team keen to impress the new manager in his first game and several 'old boys' wanting to put one over their old employer, all that against a much better but injury hit, patched up, fatigued team (this is city's 7th game in March and Satanage's 4th!) so my head is saying a
2 - 2 but my heart hopes for 2 - 0. UTC!
I don't see our defence conceding two against a poor strike force. We're so strong and organized at the back, it going forward and in midfield where we may have problems, but not enough to make me think we won't win.