• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Red Monster

Not a very good night for them last night lost 4-0 at Hampton& R .

Memphis09

Not a very good night for them last night lost 4-0 at Hampton& R .
Seymour must of played then lol

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seymour must of played then lol
He did, along with Dyer, Callum Rowe and Elliot Frear. A couple of snippets from the match report:
  • debutant Callum Rowe looking assured.
  • The visitors missed another wonderful opening to pull one back when Frear’s driven corner was flicked by Ben Seymour to Dyer at the far post, who contrived to hit the underside of the bar from two yards.
  • A hopeful ball forward saw Robinson capitalise on hesitation from Dyer and Delaney to swivel into space and neatly roll home from 12 yards

Memphis09

He did, along with Dyer, Callum Rowe and Elliot Frear. A couple of snippets from the match report:
  • debutant Callum Rowe looking assured.
  • The visitors missed another wonderful opening to pull one back when Frear’s driven corner was flicked by Ben Seymour to Dyer at the far post, who contrived to hit the underside of the bar from two yards.
  • A hopeful ball forward saw Robinson capitalise on hesitation from Dyer and Delaney to swivel into space and neatly roll home from 12 yards
Thank you for the snippets

Bridgy 81

I’m interested in people’s views in relation to where Callum fits into our squad, if at all, going forward.
Having come to us from a Premier League club I’m a little surprised he’s had so few opportunities, but I suppose that’s as a consequence of Jake Caprice playing so (unexpectedly) well at left wingback most of the season.
Jake’s recently signed a new contract too so maybe he’s moving to the right, if Josh Key goes.
But, if Josh stays Jake may well continue on the left.
I don’t imagine we’ll see Colin Daniel again and although Jack Sparkes is a good player he’s probably not a traditional left back.
So does that mean Callum battles it out for one of the left sided defensive places or on this evening’s, albeit one-off showing, is he more likely to be used in midfield?
If it’s the latter he’ll presumably be up against Collins, Dieng, Taylor and Kite, plus anyone else we sign there.
Or, has he not shown enough for us to persevere with him beyond this season?
Or, does it depend on which division we’re playing in next season?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m interested in people’s views in relation to where Callum fits into our squad, if at all, going forward.
Having come to us from a Premier League club I’m a little surprised he’s had so few opportunities, but I suppose that’s as a consequence of Jake Caprice playing so (unexpectedly) well at left wingback most of the season.
Jake’s recently signed a new contract too so maybe he’s moving to the right, if Josh Key goes.
I don’t imagine we’ll see Colin Daniel again and although Jack Sparkes is a good player he’s probably not a traditional left back.
So does that mean Callum battles it out for one of the left sided defensive places or on this evening’s, albeit one-off showing, is he more likely to be used in midfield?
If it’s the latter he’ll presumably be up against Collins, Dieng, Taylor and Kite, plus anyone else we sign there.
Although he did ok tonight, I still think it’s unlikely he’ll be a City player next season.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I recall, somewhat surprisingly given his Premier League pedigree, Matt Taylor said at the outset that Callum was very much one for the [medium-term] future and that he didn't expect him to feature too much, if at all, in the first team this season. On that basis, I'd surmise he's progressing along the lines we'd hoped for and that he's unlikely to be jettisoned at the end of the season.

Bridgy 81

Although he did ok tonight, I still think it’s unlikely he’ll be a City player next season.
Any particular reason/s why?