• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's highly unlikely the manager would start a player in holding midfield for the first time in a fixture as big as this one. I think the most likely selection for the deepest midfield spot is Archie Collins, with someone playing a bit out of position in front of him, eg Jay, Sparkes etc. I agree that Coley looked lost on Saturday but he has fresh legs and this could get him a start as a runner up front tonight.
I would argue that Archie is usually our deepest midfielder anyway. Our midfielder is fairly fluid but the way I see it is Tim Dieng is the Jake Taylor-style box to box player while Archie is more a Matt Gill-style deep midfielder whose passing keeps everything ticking over. Meanwhile, MJ is in the hole while Jevani is floating around somewhere up front.

craigbratt

How many tickets have we sold in advance, anyone know?
FBH, I've been given a shirt by Andy Holloway to give to you tonight. I'll bring it into the away end before the game and likely give it to Di Lee or one of the EDGs if I don't see you.

In answer to your question, about 200ish I believe 😆

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Kieran Phillips preview

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know how many fans Vale brought to us last time they played us on a Tuesday?

fred binneys head

FBH, I've been given a shirt by Andy Holloway to give to you tonight. I'll bring it into the away end before the game and likely give it to Di Lee or one of the EDGs if I don't see you.

In answer to your question, about 200ish I believe 😆
Thanks Craig, I know you don’t know what I look like but I know what you look like, so I’ll come over and introduce myself if I see you. I also know what Di Lee looks like, so I’ll find her if I don’t see you. You can tell her my name is Danny though, be a bit weird to ask to her look out for Fred Binney’s head, might freak her out.

denzel

Does anyone know how many fans Vale brought to us last time they played us on a Tuesday?

Memphis09

Replacement reported to be Bobby (I used to be famous) Madley.
Be afraid.
Be very afraid. :eek:
He was absolutely crap when we had him home

CWH-NYC_

He was absolutely crap when we had him home
Well that does appear to be the one thing the Vale forum and Exeweb agree on.

arthur

No one seems to have mentioned Key playing midfield,
I have! (Oldham MDT #308)

arthur

Maybe you're right. I just have a feeling that's the way MT will go. It would absolutely make more sense to have a more experienced player in there. With that said, it wouldn't be too dissimilar to when Troy Archibald got pushed into that defensive midfield role, and he did a great job.
And let us not forget Sir Robert of Edwards