• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubting that but the choice is Hartridge or Sweenz in midfield, Sweenz would be the better option and Chieck would be more comfortable on the right being right footed. All the evidence stacks up to a no brainer.
Sweenz would defo be the better option of the two as his experience would be crucial. Who knows he maybe would even excel in a holding midfield role. He's got composure and can distribute well, it might just work.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any news on any loan recall yet?
Apparently we've recalled Matt Grimes from his 7 year loan at Swansea. Hopefully he'll slot straight back in.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently we've recalled Matt Grimes from his 7 year loan at Swansea. Hopefully he'll slot straight back in.
And Ampadu from his loan after loan deal at Chelski... apparently he's finally realised that his monthly pay cheque at little old City might be a tad more fungible than a suitcase of dodgy rubles.

fred binneys head

Hi all. Looking forward to a cracking game tomorrow night. I don't think we've played an Exeter team since we've been back down here that hasn't been strong. I'm surprised that you haven't been promoted before now to be honest.

I think the talk about you postponing the match because of Covid was a little tongue in cheek. I'd expect it off a club like Stevenage but I don't think Exeter are like that as a club. Sometimes injuries happen and it seems that you have a squad that can deal with them.

I'm expecting a very tough game to be honest. It seems that you haven't been at your absolute best in the past few weeks but have picked up results...the sign of a good team. Your manager was talking about a 'free hit' almost, which plays well psychologically as the players will feel they have nothing to lose.

We're not a team full of technically brilliant players. Wilson has the touch and movement that's a level above but apart from that it's more about the power and running. Our fitness levels are top notch and we're not afraid to use muscle when needed. Garrity in midfield is having a brilliant season and his energy to run beyond the strikers is one to watch.

Having said that, we have thrown in a couple of stinkers on a Tuesday night, but we should be full of confidence. We do have a bit of a habit of conceding a soft goal and lack pace generally. A draw wouldn't be a disaster for either team and I think that's what it will be.
I've been browsing your forum hoping for some insight, but all I've found out is how many of you have Covid and how poor the local bus service to Burslem is from the surrounding towns and villages. Oh for the days when there were three double decker buses from Leek 😂

ChardGrecian

No one seems to have mentioned Key playing midfield, he had rest, can hold and use the ball as well as head. The back three are strong and we have Sparkes for left and Caprice for right.
Dawson
Caprice, Sweeney, Stubbs, Hartridge, Sparkes
Key and Collins
Brown, Zanzala, Jay

Just a thought

Dawson
Key Sweens Stubbs Hartridge Caprice
Jay Collins Sparkes
Brown Zanzala

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anthony Wareing and Alan Tonge on commentary duty.

denzel

Thanks. They seem to be at near enough full strength then.
Call it off! ;-)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can win regardless of our injury problems. Our defence is nails which means we've got at least a draw before we've even started, plus attacking players like Jay and Brown who can score with a moment of magic at any given time.

There's no forward in L2 who's getting the better of Stubbs. In fact if I was Port Vale striker I'd be phoning in sick for Tuesday.

STURTZ

Bloody love oatcakes with sausage and cheese, me. Wrapped up in foil, in the oven for 5 minutes, bit of brown sauce.
Got a chum who's Vale fan, whenever he visits he brings down a glint in his eye and a stack of these "oatcakes". Bloody awful, like chewing on a flannel, except a flannel has more flavour. When he leaves the remaining soggy bland mess goes straight in the compost.

Last edited: