• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The biggest clue would be if Jordan Dyer gets recalled today like he did in similar circumstances for the game at Sutton.
Bath have got a massive game at Frome tomorrow night, in the Somerset Premier Cup. Would he want to miss that??

Red Devon

Bath have got a massive game at Frome tomorrow night, in the Somerset Premier Cup. Would he want to miss that??
He’d jump at the chance to pull a City shirt on I’d of thought

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Squeezebox

Podge in midfield?

DawlishBouy

Played centre back on Saturday and judging from the highlights package Bath posted on youtube had quite a poor game.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Podge in midfield?
This makes more sense than some of the suggestions on this thread.

JCWhoosh

Having a dedicated DM with instructions to stay and cover for Jay and Collins won't be a bad thing in my opinion. It will give them more licence to roam and save legs tracking back too often.
My team would be
Dawson
Sweeney, Stubbs, Diabate,
Key, Collins, Hartridge, Jay, Sparks
Brown, Zanzala

Save Phillips and Caprice for some energy input 2nd half.

They need the points and really need to win their home games. That should play to our strengths and play on the counter.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is a very wide pitch
Hence, Wembley of the North (had the same pitch dimensions as the old Wembley)

When I used to work in Stoke in the mid-90s. I'd occasionally go to see the Vale (I remember a rocking game against Arsenal in the Cup). John Rudge, their wiley old manager (who hated Burslem, & the Club - but nevertheless managed them for nigh on twenty years before doing the unthinkable, & jumping ship for Stoke), used to ensure that the touchlines of each side of the pitch were kept in pristine condition for his "secret weapon", Steve Guppy, who used to run tired defences ragged on the spaces out wide.

grecIAN Harris

Hartridge in cm for me. Gives us presence and height to win second balls. Sweens needs to be in back 3 and Diabate will cover left side
Why would you play Chieck on his weaker foot when you don't have to. He'd feel more at home covering Sweenz than he would Hartridge.

valefan1

John Rudge, their wiley old manager (who hated Burslem, & the Club - but nevertheless managed them for nigh on twenty years before doing the unthinkable, & jumping ship for Stoke),
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hated Burslem and Vale so much he was a few years ago rehired as an honorary football advisor, made lifetime president of the club, and is the legatee of a statue being fundraised for by the supporters club.