• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale discussion

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obvious concern is our midfield. I'd take a point if offered one now.

Still fuming with Nige.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You shouldn’t be fuming, you need to let things go.

Tough game, I expect us to lose.

Colesman Ballz

There seems an awful lot of irrational fear about our fixtures with Vale. They are the ones who should be quaking in their boots and worrying about what the consequences of what defeat would do to their promotion hopes ! Have a little more faith Grecians, we are the team that others are dreading playing ! :cool:

denzel

Interesting one this. Matt describes it as a free hit, but I really want us to get something as Vale could quite easily be competing with us for a place on the last day. Likely that we will have the same midfield problem on Saturday than we have on Tuesday, unless its postponed because Stevenage fail to get over their Covid issue..
Take a point, unless we are 2 up at half time...

Grecian2K

There seems an awful lot of irrational fear about our fixtures with Vale. They are the ones who should be quaking in their boots and worrying about what the consequences of what defeat would do to their promotion hopes ! Have a little more faith Grecians, we are the team that others are dreading playing ! :cool:
Wasn't there a similar (if not smaller) "irrational fear" expressed by some in the Oldham discussion thread? As there doubtless will be before our other key away days at Tranny Park and The Sexless Stadium!
If we win we win...lose we lose...although at the mo would happily take a draw as a consolation prize.
Max points from our 5 remaining home games should see us almost knocking on the L1 door if not already there. Win or lose, "treat those twin imposters just the same".
UTC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting one this. Matt describes it as a free hit, but I really want us to get something as Vale could quite easily be competing with us for a place on the last day. Likely that we will have the same midfield problem on Saturday than we have on Tuesday, unless its postponed because Stevenage fail to get over their Covid issue..
Take a point, unless we are 2 up at half time...
I think the hope is Tim Dieng will be back for Saturday.

budegrecian

Wasn't there an FA Cup game several years ago, under Tis, also v Port Vale, when they were in Lge 1 and we were in Lge 2, when we barely had a MF player to call upon?
IIRC, that one ended up ok.

fred binneys head

Wasn't there an FA Cup game several years ago, under Tis, also v Port Vale, when they were in Lge 1 and we were in Lge 2, when we barely had a MF player to call upon?
IIRC, that one ended up ok.
That was at SJP and Vale were an absolute shower at the time, their chairman went onto the supporters bus after the game and there was a “heated debate” - Vale were a mess and we destroyed them. Different proposition on Tuesday.

Grecianpasty

I'm looking forward to this one. I think MT will throw in a few suprises to catch them off guard.

My only expectation is a solid defensive display by the lads.

STURTZ

Hoping for a draw which will be alright, a win would genuinely give us Championship credentials.
Going to be really tough, Port Vale are on a roll and anxious to get into the autos.