• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City match day thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Awful that they chose to comment upon no away support when 2:0 up - hope we see them off in the Play Offs !
Did they? Oh well. The away attendance was twice as much as Mansfield brought to the Park. On a Saturday!

I don't think anyone can criticise our away support

Grecianpasty

At least we're creating chances. Had luck gone our way we would have come back with at least a point.

Collins well below par today.

Red Monster

We more than matched them and on another day we could have scored two or three.

We’ll pick up plenty of points on the road playing like that
and will have Jevani to come back .
Keep the faith.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
$hit result but we'll live to fight another day. No panic required, we've lost away to a promotion rival but held our own and the stats speak for themselves.

Loads of games left, we're still going up via autos and this time next week we'll be back in them.

STURTZ

Fair result, Mansfield are finally profitting from the overspending they have indulged in for many seasons, got a decent manager at last. Solid team with quality all over the pitch.

Yeah we could have won it;p a goal from any one of our chances would have changed the game but we failed to capitalise on aproach work. Apologies but I thought Caprice at LWB was poor, Mansfield had him cutting inside on about the half way line or getting to the touchline and prodding a left footed flat pass to the near post or side netting. Made space but then couldn't get in a meaning ful cross.

Reservations about Coley were releived, thought he has promise but is no replacement for Jevani.

Matt Jay is about a yard behind the pace these days think he might have seasonal affected disorder.

Sam Stubbs is real quality, absolutely top player, hope he doesn't get injured again though. He puts his whole self into his game.

Collins is unimaginative.

I thought the defence were pretty good to be honest!

Move on, keep your nerve!;)

denzel

Table still looks good, irrespective of what happens tomorrow. Three home games to come!
Hope the extra days rest will count for us on Tuesday, that looked a really heavy pitch.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Good The Bad & The Ugly in reverse:-

Their first goal was offside, looks like we've lost Coley with another hammy & Stubbsy has a bad R ankle

Tim Dieng lost his man for their 2nd

The Grecians NEVER gave up !

If we win the next 3 games at home we are still in the hunt !

UTC

JCWhoosh

Fair result, Mansfield are finally profitting from the overspending they have indulged in for many seasons, got a decent manager at last. Solid team with quality all over the pitch.

Yeah we could have won it;p a goal from any one of our chances would have changed the game but we failed to capitalise on aproach work. Apologies but I thought Caprice at LWB was poor, Mansfield had him cutting inside on about the half way line or getting to the touchline and prodding a left footed flat pass to the near post or side netting. Made space but then couldn't get in a meaning ful cross.

Reservations about Coley were releived, thought he has promise but is no replacement for Jevani.

Matt Jay is about a yard behind the pace these days think he might have seasonal affected disorder.

Sam Stubbs is real quality, absolutely top player, hope he doesn't get injured again though. He puts his whole self into his game.

Collins is unimaginative.

I thought the defence were pretty good to be honest!

Move on, keep your nerve!;)
We must have been watching a different game. I thought Caprice attacked the channel well. If we are to compare both wing backs, how many dangerous crosses did Key put in on his preferred right foot?

iscalad

Am I right in thinking they had 3 players who were recently playing in the PL?

Rosencrantz

We must have been watching a different game. I thought Caprice attacked the channel well. If we are to compare both wing backs, how many dangerous crosses did Key put in on his preferred right foot?
To be honest I thought Jake got into dangerous positions but failed to deliver any quality in end product. It doesn't matter what Josh did in relation to Jake but I thought Josh was up against one of Mansfield's best players on the night in McLaughlin and mostly kept him quiet defensively but couldn't get anything out of him going the other way. Jake had an out of position Akins to go at.