• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dawson and Lee

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
When I saw the thread title I thought it might be about a pop music duet.

So, this is not the thread for me.
Ah , perhaps this is what comes to mind. Welcome home...

Smithyno6

I’d love to have Dawson permanently but I think we all know he can earn a lot more money elsewhere wether it’s back at Sheff Wed, out on loan again or to a higher salaried team.

Banksy

Or a firm of solicitors?
Funny, every time I see it , being an American Civil War aficionado I think of Robert E Lee. Therefore , if the thread was also about Joel Grant who was on our books a few years back it could be titled Grant and Lee.But then Grant was a forward….
I’ll get back into my box……..

Alistair20000

Ah , perhaps this is what comes to mind. Welcome home...

Good shout a p l. (y)

I think it was indeed that name association that led me to the thought of pop duets.

Better not say too much more in case Hants boxes my ears for taking the thread off piste.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

AmberRed

I'd be very surprised if we could afford Dawson, he's still got a couple of years left on his contract at SW and is on 10k a week!! Lee's only just turned 17 and went to an England camp in December so we'd be mad to let him go!

Agent Andy

Anyone agree we need to try get Dawson permanent in summer and let Lee go?
Dawson has been outstanding this season and I always feel comfortable with him as number 1 whereas Lee puts me on edge he’s too young and doesn’t look anywhere ready to do a job for us.
No way , got to keep Lee , already been involved with England and Premiership watching him .
Dawson can’t get in a shit league one team although doing excellent for us I wouldn’t pay 10 grand a week for him 👍

Dawson's fanboy

No way , got to keep Lee , already been involved with England and Premiership watching him .
Dawson can’t get in a **** league one team although doing excellent for us I wouldn’t pay 10 grand a week for him 👍
But none of these premiership teams have made any real effort to sign Lee and the games we have seen him involved in he has conceded a lot of goals, Dawson keeps clean sheet after clean sheet and if he’s on 10 grand a week at a shit league one team it shows how highly they rate him or he’d be on low wage and not offered extended contracts.

Agent Andy

But none of these premiership teams have made any real effort to sign Lee and the games we have seen him involved in he has conceded a lot of goals, Dawson keeps clean sheet after clean sheet and if he’s on 10 grand a week at a **** league one team it shows how highly they rate him or he’d be on low wage and not offered extended contracts.
Look at the squad in front of Dawson compared to the ones in front of Lee, massive difference!!! Plus Dawson is 10 years older! Think you’ll find it was the previous manager that gave him the contract when they were a championship club!

Last edited:

AmberRed

But none of these premiership teams have made any real effort to sign Lee and the games we have seen him involved in he has conceded a lot of goals, Dawson keeps clean sheet after clean sheet and if he’s on 10 grand a week at a **** league one team it shows how highly they rate him or he’d be on low wage and not offered extended contracts.
From what I've heard we have and were turned down! Going to an England Camp wouldn't have done him any harm either.

Dawson's fanboy

Oh yes they have , we have turned down a substantial offer for Lee and there’s still plenty of time for the offers to come in , he’s only just turned 17 and time will tell , I know for a fact that Leeds are very keen
so we had a poor offer off Leeds that we rejected and they haven’t upped the offer and he ends up on loan with a poor run in a non league team?