• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

budegrecian

I don't think we will see Cheick's full potential until he has played several games on the right side of a back three. I'm guessing his distribution will suddenly look much better. To have come in & performed so well on the left speak volumes about him.
If we do ultimately go up this year his value only increases.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think we will see Cheick's full potential until he has played several games on the right side of a back three. I'm guessing his distribution will suddenly look much better. To have come in & performed so well on the left speak volumes about him.
If we do ultimately go up this year his value only increases.
I'm not sure it will. A friend of mine played against him a couple of seasons ago for Exmouth and when he was drafted into the side this season he said how poor his distribution was when he played against him.

Granted, he's obviously improved because it's not awful, but I don't think we can expect him to turn into John Stones.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
In my opinion everybody complaining about his distribution should wind their necks in. Diabate has had half a dozen games in the Football League, he's doing brilliantly and has bagged himself a couple of goals to boot. He's a revelation for a lad of his age but people seem to instantly want Van Dijk.

His game will develop with age and experience but for now he's doing the simple things, learning his trade as a centre back and giving the ball to one of the others to do their job with.

Leave the boy alone, back him and be thankful we've got him.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure it will. A friend of mine played against him a couple of seasons ago for Exmouth and when he was drafted into the side this season he said how poor his distribution was when he played against him.

Granted, he's obviously improved because it's not awful, but I don't think we can expect him to turn into John Stones.
As far as I can ascertain, you / your friend are basing your assertion on a pre-season friendly, which took place the best part of three years ago, when Cheick was just 16, and played little more than 45 minutes.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
As far as I can ascertain, you / your friend are basing your assertion on a pre-season friendly, which took place the best part of three years ago, when Cheick was just 16, and played little more than 45 minutes.
Funnily enough, my friend is the goal scorer in that article.

Don't shoot the messenger! I've only seen Cheick play 3 times and thought he was OK on the ball, he's not the best but knows his limits and keeps it simple because of it, no harm in that.

I was merely responding to a comment to suggest that his distribution will be much better if he plays on the right of a back 3, I don't think it will be.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Funnily enough, my friend is the goal scorer in that article.

Don't shoot the messenger! I've only seen Cheick play 3 times and thought he was OK on the ball, he's not the best but knows his limits and keeps it simple because of it, no harm in that.

I was merely responding to a comment to suggest that his distribution will be much better if he plays on the right of a back 3, I don't think it will be.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting to note that defender Chieck has managed more league goals in 7 EFL appearances than our "star striker" Seymour had managed in 50!

Discuss?

Average Joe

Interesting to note that defender Chieck has managed more league goals in 7 EFL appearances than our "star striker" Seymour had managed in 50!

Discuss?

Who claimed Ben to be our star striker? Ben has always tried hard just has never made a first team, reserves or U23 impact. Ben is obviously on too good wage to be leaving full time to head down a couple of league but it is just a waiting game

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Discuss?
Seymour is $h!t, Chieck isn't. Discussion over.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's Cheick, mate...
Really good joke. Almost as funny as when FBH cracked it at post 96 on this thread!