• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
How dare they express views which a sizeable minority and perhaps even a majority of the electorate hold. Utterly despicable
You must find the irony of a possible majority opinion on pro-EU membership not being represented by any major political party slightly frustrating Art.

Mr Jinx

I subscribe to the full "paper version", but downloaded through kindle.
(I do it that way because, proper old - or ancient - skool you have to read it through from page 1 to the back one and, often that way, stumble across articles that, with the web headlines, you might just skip through)
So am I counted on or off line on the clickageometer?
You're counted as brainwashed probably.

Grecian2K

You're counted as brainwashed probably.
Rather have a brain that's washed than one soiled by the likes of the Heil, Excess or Snoreaway S*n....plus their sport coverage (especially cricket) is still sans paraeil.

geoffwp

The paper version. Its website gets good clickage however.
Hmmm, I started the paper again this year. I cant be bothered reading it on tablet or phone, much rather be able to turn pages and do a crossword. At least I dont have to wash a stench off my hands after handling it.

Mr Jinx

Elections Bill (voter ID) seems closer to going through after this past week. It's with the Lord's now.

I'd still like to know how it would apply to postal voting but, nevertheless, a good step forward imo.

Alistair20000

I’ve seen the old duffer all over MSM since 2016 Al, I guess he’s only being invited on because he’s got the kudos of being a Tory grandee and he hates Boris which means he’s good for a couple of withering comments on his character, but as fossils go I think he has more cut through than you think.
He may get an airing but anything he spouts is soon forgotten.

Alistair20000

Plod now gingerly dipping his toe in the stinking waters of Westminster. Meeting arranged with Mr Wragg to discuss alleged intimidation and blackmail of MP’s.

I thought this was standard fare from the Whips Office of all parties.

geoffwp

I wonder if any decent MP has even given a whip the bums rush out of their office.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Plod now gingerly dipping his toe in the stinking waters of Westminster. Meeting arranged with Mr Wragg to discuss alleged intimidation and blackmail of MP’s.

I thought this was standard fare from the Whips Office of all parties.
Have they never seen Francis Urquahart in the House Of Cards?

tavyred

Elections Bill (voter ID) seems closer to going through after this past week. It's with the Lord's now.

I'd still like to know how it would apply to postal voting but, nevertheless, a good step forward imo.
I don’t think there’s a lot you can do with postal votes Jinxy, they only get given out if you’re on the electoral register anyway. We can argue about how in some cultures Women tend to not have a lot of personal input as to how they might want to vote, but what can you do in that regard without scrapping them all together.
Apart from the ‘eccentric’ David Davis, the bill does seem to be winding up a lot of Labour MP’s for some reason.
I fully expect the Lords to hold up its progress unfortunately.
In the fullness of time I hope we go the whole hog and adopt ID cards across the board, IMO there’s too many people living on the fringes of society and I’m not sure they’re all playing the game properly as regards benefits and the world of work.