• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good news that he is at a club with an existing City loanee in James Dodd. Not least because I suspect that Sonny may not have passed his driving test yet and transport to and from training and matches will be an issue. Plus a familiar face for a 17 year old embarking on such a loan will be useful.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that MT spoke as if Cox would get minutes in first team this season, I wonder what has changed?

I know there has been talk of him struggle to adjust to full time football.
He did get minutes in the PJT and I'm sure he will get more chances later in his career. A little too early to expect too much from him. He's only 17.

STURTZ

Out of interest, does Sonny have a favoured foot? Noticed that short over the bar v West ham was with his left.

AmberRed

Should Sonny now have his own thread?

It really young - first year scholar - to go out on loan. I wouldn't expect him to be starting every game at WSM. At 2 years older than this MJ's WSM loan only lasted a month. This loan won't define Sonny's career, but is an opportunity

I suspect MT thought Sonny would be closer to the first team playing minutes than he has been - just 2 sub appearances totalling 80 minutes in the Papa Johns. This season has been tricky for him with injuries and Covid resulting in some performances below the level that we all know he is capable of.
Think this will be a great move for Cox, can't remember a season that we've had 2 first year scholars out on loan? Lee was still 16 on his first stint at Dorchester which for a gk is pretty rare! Glad the club is looking at getting them both mens football so early!

Rosencrantz

Out of interest, does Sonny have a favoured foot? Noticed that short over the bar v West ham was with his left.
Left footed as far as I have seen.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He did get minutes in the PJT and I'm sure he will get more chances later in his career. A little too early to expect too much from him. He's only 17.
Totally agree, I'm only questioning it because MT indicated he would get a decent amount of game time this season.

Squeezebox

Perhaps he will be recalled if Oz is out for some time?

denzel

Came on in the 88th minute in a 0-0 draw yesterday

Bridgy 81

Unfortunately I’m not able to go to tonight’s match in WsM, but Sonny is starting for them in their Somerset Cup game v Frome.

Bridgy 81

No Ryan Harley in Frome’s squad though.