• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

jimbo-gould

Genuinely heard it from someone who said they saw him at SJP today. Don’t know any more than that.
Am I the only one who could barely tell you the name of a football league player unless they played for City? I’d have absolutely zero clue.

ryancooper327

Salford sign Matt Smith from Millwall. Big signing…

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In more ways than one.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wondered what he was doing after Doctor Who. 🙂

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t Ryan Williams be bordering on “marquee” if it should happen.

sign of the chimes

That’s the chap.

Can play anywhere down the right hand side.
Only signed for Oxford in the summer (from us) on a two-year deal - but was being linked with Wellington Phoenix (NZ side who play in the A-League) a few weeks back and hasn't been featuring that heavily at Oxford, so wouldn't be a massive surprise to see him move on this window.

I liked him during his time with us - industrious, hard-working wide player - but always felt like there was something stopping him really sparking and going to the next level - though my suspicion was a lot of that was down to the way Kenny Jackett utilised him.

StudentGrecian

Having seen on twitter the source of the supposed sighting, I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Sorry JoshyD, you've made up too many rumours before for it to be believable to me. At least you're trying to make the window interesting for us. 🤣

SimonBB

Having seen on twitter the source of the supposed sighting, I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Sorry JoshyD, you've made up too many rumours before for it to be believable to me. At least you're trying to make the window interesting for us. 🤣
Actually it was posted on here pre Josh however I think it may of helped him not to have to pluck another name out the air

StudentGrecian

Actually it was posted on here pre Josh however I think it may of helped him not to have to pluck another name out the air
I'm assumed Moomin's source was JoshyD considering it was the same in person sighting story. Moomin just posted it on here before JoshyD had the chance to post on Twitter.

SaintJames

This kinda illustrates just where we still are in the pecking order finance wise even at L2 level. Salford have signed an established Championship level striker (double marquee level for our league). We sign a player who couldn't get a game at a club in the L2 relegation dogfight (not that I am disappointed in him). Salford have now signed three decent players in the window and look like they are making a late charge. We just need one more attacking right sided player to give us a chance