• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
With your posts I keep thinking you're trying to write in verse, but then I'm old school and think that poems need to rhyme!
To keep it short and to stay old school.
C'est un grand joueur et je l'aime beaucoup.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’ll have tougher tests but I thought this was another very assured performance from Diabate and he seems to be developing an excellent understanding with Stubbs. For me he deserves to stay in the side, even when everybody is fit.

Memphis09

He’ll have tougher tests but I thought this was another very assured performance from Diabate and he seems to be developing an excellent understanding with Stubbs. For me he deserves to stay in the side, even when everybody is fit.
Much better prospect than Hartridge
To think he is only 19 going to be a very good player

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. His distribution out of defence needs some work, but that can be coached into him over time. Physically he’s a beast and has good positional awareness, plus he’s fairly quick so the future looks bright for him.

iscalad

Much better prospect than Hartridge
To think he is only 19 going to be a very good player
Fans I sit next to know the family he lodges with. He has a huge appetite apparently. The people have taken in other promising City youngsters and say he is the most driven to succeed they have had lodge with them.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. His distribution out of defence needs some work, but that can be coached into him over time. Physically he’s a beast and has good positional awareness, plus he’s fairly quick so the future looks bright for him.
This is possibly the only thing that might keep him out of the team in the short-term. Hopefully Hartridge and Stubbs will nail down two of the back 3 positions and the manager might prefer to have Sweeney's better ability on the ball for the final spot. Personally, I think we should pick the best defenders first and let the rest of the team worry about creating goals; we saw yesterday that if we keep a clean sheet we have the quality up front to find a goal from somewhere.

grecIAN Harris

I don't think he trusts himself enough yet when it comes to playing the ball forward. Very often yesterday he would turn back on himself and lay the ball back to Dawson.

scottus86

This is possibly the only thing that might keep him out of the team in the short-term. Hopefully Hartridge and Stubbs will nail down two of the back 3 positions and the manager might prefer to have Sweeney's better ability on the ball for the final spot. Personally, I think we should pick the best defenders first and let the rest of the team worry about creating goals; we saw yesterday that if we keep a clean sheet we have the quality up front to find a goal from somewhere.
It was Sweeney's cross that led to the second goal. It's almost vital the the RCB and LCB in a back three can use their feet and find a pass or else your build up play fails at the first hurdle and recycling the ball is much harder.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he trusts himself enough yet when it comes to playing the ball forward. Very often yesterday he would turn back on himself and lay the ball back to Dawson.
I suspect he has been told to play it simple. Sound advice for a young professional starting out in the EFL.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect he has been told to play it simple. Sound advice for a young professional starting out in the EFL.
That's right. Concentrate on your defending for now and the other stuff can come later. This is what is happening to Hartridge who's a bit further down the line.