• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watching TPTV at the moment and on comes Champion The Wonder Horse, Jeez, Does that take me back or what, School Holidays TV, Champion The Wonder Horse then The Flashing Blade (Or White Horses) Finally Why Don't You....

Oldsmobile-88

Watching TPTV at the moment and on comes Champion The Wonder Horse, Jeez, Does that take me back or what, School Holidays TV, Champion The Wonder Horse then The Flashing Blade (Or White Horses) Finally Why Don't You....
Ah..White Horses.My sister loved watching that,mainly because she was horse mad in those days.Still mad but without the horses 😁
It was a production from Yugoslavia with a bit of West German input.
Just the one series(13 episodes) badly dubbed.
It was re-shown many times in the 1970s on a Saturday morning or during school holidays as a fairly cheap schedule filler.

DB9

Ah..White Horses.My sister loved watching that,mainly because she was horse mad in those days.Still mad but without the horses 😁
It was a production from Yugoslavia with a bit of West German input.
Just the one series(13 episodes) badly dubbed.
It was re-shown many times in the 1970s on a Saturday morning or during school holidays as a fairly cheap schedule filler.
Never liked it much though, Thought it was a programme mainly for girls but did like The Flashing Blade even though it was just as badly dubbed as White Horses.

crocks

Loved the theme music to White Horses

DB9

Loved the theme music to White Horses
Frankie Lane did ok with Champion The Wonder Horse theme.

Oldsmobile-88

15th January 1989.

Minder on ITV at 9pm with comedian Billy Connolly in a part in this episode.Connolly was not well known for his acting roles in those days.He has done a fair bit of work on the small & big screen since.

Minder ran for 10 series(103 episodes)from late 1979.Originally produced by Thames TV until 1992 & then Central TV until 1994.

Interesting to see the lack of subtitles/closed caption(TST) for the majority of listings.
The BBC were the first UK broadcaster to use subtitles using their Ceefax Teletext platform in 1979.

723F4210-D105-4921-B42B-AB415BFA0E69.jpeg

DB9

Series 3 of After Life on Netflix, Just as good as the first two. Ricky Gervais is a very talented writer IMO.

Oldsmobile-88

Watching The Running Man(1987) on the Paramount Network.
A wonderful load of nonsense set in a dystopian United States.Part parody of American TV game shows with audience participation.
Directed by Paul Michael Glaser(Starsky)
Arnie & Richard Dawson who played the game show host Damon Killian have some great comedy one liners.

“Get me the Justice Department,Entertainment Division”-Killian Game show host.

“Killiian,I’ll be back”
-“Only in a rerun”😁

Alistair20000

Watching The Running Man(1987) on the Paramount Network.
A wonderful load of nonsense set in a dystopian United States.Part parody of American TV game shows with audience participation.
Directed by Paul Michael Glaser(Starsky)
Arnie & Richard Dawson who played the game show host Damon Killian have some great comedy one liners.

“Get me the Justice Department,Entertainment Division”-Killian Game show host.

“Killiian,I’ll be back”
-“Only in a rerun”😁
It was on last night too.

It’s a bit like Flash Gordon: Nonsense that becomes quite compelling viewing.

All the stalkers are brilliant and the old lady in the audience going off message to back Ben Richards to make the next kill. “That boy is one mean motherf*cker”

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

Watched the first episode of Anne(ITV Hub)The story around Anne Williams(played by Maxine Peake)who’s son Kevin died at Hillsborough.

A sad story around that fateful day in Sheffield.The subsequent fight about what really happened & who was responsible.

Anne Williams died in 2012.
I’ve just finished watching the fourth and final episode.
A difficult story to tell sensitively but they managed it well in my view. It was very poignant in parts.
Even if you think you know a lot about the fight for justice for the 96 (now 97) victims of Hillsborough already, you’ll probably learn more from watching this programme.
I‘d recommend it.