• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football manager games

ryancooper327

Does anyone play football manager games?

Share your city squads/ discuss tactics.

I’m a few years in currently, City firmly in league 1 and 2 good cup runs in recent years. I try to rely on free agents and my youth academy. Currently my first 2023/24 XI is - in 442 -

Ward
Shephard (FGR) - Kilman (Wolves) - Parkes - Sparkes
Gilliead (Scunthorpe) - Butcher (Bournemouth) - Collins - Williams
Smith (Cambridge*) - Simpson (Accrington*)

brackets indicate their current team.
*on loan

On phone, did have a quick search for threads on the matter but didn’t see anything so apologies if this has been done!

Tim Long

There was this thread http://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/football-manager-2017.58395/ but agree that search facility won't find any other thread easily as key words 'football', 'manager' or 'game' would throw up thousands of results.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Does anyone know if there a way of playing classic Championship Manager '97 on a PC ? Do I need an emulator and excuse my ignorance how do these things work?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if there a way of playing classic Championship Manager '97 on a PC ? Do I need an emulator and excuse my ignorance how do these things work?
You would need an emulator like dosbox so you could run a rom of it.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

You would need an emulator like dosbox so you could run a rom of it.
Is that easy to do?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that easy to do?
I've not used that particular emulator, but others I've used have been pretty simple, if a bit fiddly. It is illegal though. No one ever gets done for it, but thought I'd flag that.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone play football manager games?

Share your city squads/ discuss tactics.

I’m a few years in currently, City firmly in league 1 and 2 good cup runs in recent years. I try to rely on free agents and my youth academy. Currently my first 2023/24 XI is - in 442 -

Ward
Shephard (FGR) - Kilman (Wolves) - Parkes - Sparkes
Gilliead (Scunthorpe) - Butcher (Bournemouth) - Collins - Williams
Smith (Cambridge*) - Simpson (Accrington*)

brackets indicate their current team.
*on loan

On phone, did have a quick search for threads on the matter but didn’t see anything so apologies if this has been done!
Recently started giving FM20 a go again.

Hit on a 4-1-4-1 Attacking wing play formation. Recommend it highly.

Walked Lg2 in season 1 with little in the way of additions, selling Williams, and Bowman scoring for fun. Going to give the same a go in Lg1 next week.

Average Joe

FM22 for me has gone down hill, you can pay to win a game, and for me that's wrong on so many levels. I've not played CM22 yet but I2'm hoping that has not gone down the same route

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
FM21 I managed B2B promotions with City to the Premiership.
Then at the end of my second season qualified for the lower UEFA cup (Euro 2?).
My last legacy player was Randell Williams who finally got given the boot after playing only once in the last season.
Currently in the closed season before my first assault on Europe.
Tend to play 4-2-3-1 counter attacking.

I've since restarted a game with Exmouth, promoted to Southern League Div 1 at the first attempt and now in 4th at the midway point of the season.
It's difficult to get out of these lower leagues as there tends to be only one promotion place and then a playoff.