• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

ExmouthMart

Don't think anyone is getting on his back, some of us just think he is a good player at our level and has been excellent for us for a couple of years but has limitations in terms of potential. Here to be proved wrong of course!
Just think about the potential money coming in! Might even be enough to sign Messi on loan for a week to give us that bit of quality we lack 😬

Intheknow84

To be honest anything over 500k for Jay and we should let him go.
we have Javani who could operate there and Kyle Taylor.
Jay is technically good but lacks pace and physicality to play much higher.
he scores goals for us as we creat a lot at this level. Chances would be harder to come by further up and I can’t see him having the attributes to play in the championship.If he was adding 10-15 assists to his game then yes but he does not have a law like ability to unlock a defence.
sell him and open the door to someone else to step in

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
But Matt pops up and scores and Jevani Brown doesn’t as has been said on here many times by many.We’d certainly miss his goals.Cue , ‘but he hasn’t scored much lately.’……..
Might just derail our chances of promotion missing his goals.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
But Matt pops up and scores and Jevani Brown doesn’t as has been said on here many times by many.We’d certainly miss his goals.Cue , ‘but he hasn’t scored much lately.’……..
Might just derail our chances of promotion missing his goals.
I think this links back to the argument of where our ambitions lie.

We are a selling club, but if we seriously want to challenge for promotion we need to keep the likes of MJ in this window.

If we sell MJ in this window we are pretty much waving the white flag in terms of promotion hopes.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only player I see going this window is Key for the right money, as others have said Jay is a niche player and whilst it works for us it wouldn't work for other clubs, therefore the amounts that people are expecting for him make him too much of a gamble. I don't think we will see any money for him and if he leaves it will be at the end of his contract on a free (18 months time) but in the meantime he will continue to thrive under MT who has the patience and security to mange him. I may be wrong but that is how I see it

Grecian Max

Think Ian’s comparison with Harley is a good one. The pace and athleticism at that level is beyond MJ imo, much like our old ginger friend.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think Ian’s comparison with Harley is a good one. The pace and athleticism at that level is beyond MJ imo, much like our old ginger friend.
I think MJ I'd a lot quicker than the ginger one, but I get your point. MJ is a higher league player. How high is up for debate.

Grecian Max

He is quicker but they are absolute machines at the top 2 levels, it’s not just how face but the amount they run. Means those more in a luxury mould (and Jay isn’t just that in fairness) will struggle a bit. I don’t actually like how it’s developed into that, much of the Prem now is monotonous without those more fun moments that we get to see. RIP goalmouth scrambles.

Grecian Max

Alright, got a good rumour here direct from Swindon

Anthony Grant

He's a great player, exactly what we need - proper grafter midfielder with more edge than we have, fans favourite at Swindon

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alright, got a good rumour here direct from Swindon

Anthony Grant

He's a great player, exactly what we need - proper grafter midfielder with more edge than we have, fans favourite at Swindon
Where did you see that, Max? Can’t see anything on Twitter about it.