• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Owura Edwards in on loan from Bristol City

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Recalled? Or MT called and said, "I can't guarantee too much football over the next five months."

Athletic but very raw. Does this mean another one in?
I would be surprised if we didn't move to bring another wide player in as a replacement.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be surprised if we didn't move to bring another wide player in as a replacement.
As I suggested on the 'January Transfer Window' thread, we lack wide midfielders so if we want to go with four in the middle we're having to put, at best, octogon shaped pegs in round holes......... players capable of doing a job in there but it's really their most effective position. Sparkes and Key are better coming from the slightly deeper wing back position whereas Coley is more of an attacking forward but all three could probably do a job.

ExmouthMart

Best placed in the Noah Smerdon file. Obviously recommended by someone as useful addition for us but ultimately no end product. Bit like others have said about Rowe, only going backwards and not able to get near the first team.

Last edited:

ExmouthMart

As I suggested on the 'January Transfer Window' thread, we lack wide midfielders so if we want to go with four in the middle we're having to put, at best, octogon shaped pegs in round holes......... players capable of doing a job in there but it's really their most effective position. Sparkes and Key are better coming from the slightly deeper wing back position whereas Coley is more of an attacking forward but all three could probably do a job.
But does Sparkes have real pace to take him past players?! I don’t think he does.Didn’t Taylor say it was an important season for him and Seymour to establish themselves? Joel Randall had it and so does Key, hence why they moved on or are moving on to potentially bigger and better things.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best placed in the Noah Smerdon file. Obviously recommended by someone as useful addition for us but ultimately no end product. Bit like others have said about Rowe, only going backwards and not able to get near the first team.
What ever happened to Noah Smerdon?

jimmy

Edwards played 17 times for City. Not sure Noah got a spot on the bench! :ROFLMAO:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
But does Sparkes have real pace to take him past players?! I don’t think he does.Didn’t Taylor say it was an important season for him and Seymour to establish themselves? Joel Randall had it and so does Key, hence why they moved on or are moving on to potentially bigger and better things.
There's more than one way to skin a cat. Sparkes is capable of getting himself up the pitch and creating himself a yard to get a cross in. He's still got one of the best deliveries from wide areas in the club.

ExmouthMart

What ever happened to Noah Smerdon?
Possibly W-S-M……

jimmy

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Sparkes is capable of getting himself up the pitch and creating himself a yard to get a cross in. He's still got one of the best deliveries from wide areas in the club.
Great crosser of the ball.

Couldn't skin a cat though. Couldn't even skin Steve Flack!

ExmouthMart

Great crosser of the ball.

Couldn't skin a cat though. Couldn't even skin Steve Flack!
From a dead ball situation. No real pace.