• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It has to start some time let it be this Saturday. We currently have 34 points from 23 matches and are at home to Scunthorpe on Saturday, in recent weeks we have dropped down to our current position of ninth. If we win on Saturday this would then give us 37 points, the same as current fifth placed Swindon, who are away to Port Vale who are sixth so the best we could progress this week is a position of sixth, but probably 7th as Mansfield who are currently putting some decent results together, are at home to Walsall, with 22 matches left.

To get into the Autos we do need other clubs around us to start dropping points so a quick breakdown of pertinent fixtures this weekend for everyone to be aware of is listed below, together with how I believe they may go (I wouldn't put any money or faith in these if you have seen my points prediction record) but you will have your own thoughts/beliefs on how they will turn out. I have given their current positions and included their current form relative to playing home or away

Home Side
Position
Current Home form Position
Away Side
Position
Current Away Form Position
Prediction
Home side Pts after prediction
Away side pts after prediction
Newport
7th​
9th​
Harrogate
13th​
12th​
Draw
36​
31​
Mansfield Town
8th​
1st​
Walsall
15th​
3rd​
Home win
29​
Northampton Town
3rd​
3rd​
The Vegans
1st​
2nd​
Draw
Port Vale
6th​
4th​
Swindon Town
5th​
8th​
Home win
37​
Stevenage
21st​
15th​
Sutton Utd
4th​
14th​
Draw
24​
Tranmere Rovers
2nd​
5th​
Rochdale
17th​
17th​
Home Win
27​

Some interesting fixtures and hopefully some shocks among them (let's hope we are not one of them), but as part of this charge, as they say in football, let's take one match (week) at a time and see how we could progress by the end of it, so hopefully back in the play offs by 5 p.m. and 4 points off Autos.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talk about over thinking it all 🤔🤔🤔. I think the only almost nailed on result is Tranmere beating Rochdale.

Grecian Max

Too early, this time last season Bolton were like 15th

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too early, this time last season Bolton were like 15th
Indeed.

You could have a team sitting outside the playoffs with 10 games to go, and they could still reach the autos. At the moment, Mansfield look a good outside bet for the top 3 as they’re on a phenomenal run. Tranmere look really well set too as they don’t concede many and have just signed a decent striker for this level.

I suspect we will get no better than play offs, but happy to be proven wrong.

STURTZ

All to play for, hope the team comes back together.

i8cornwall

As said above to early to tell and Bolton did have a great January transfer window, basically signing half a new team so not a great example.

Its simple to say but we need to start finding ways to win and if we can't win pretty to just grind a result out.

I can't see us getting top 3 but I've said that for the last 5 years for various reasons.

Banksy

I’m guessing playoffs at best but hoping autos.And we all know how good we are at playoffs.
Hope it doesn’t end in tears again……….

gilbertshoot

I’m guessing playoffs at best but hoping autos.And we all know how good we are at playoffs.
Hope it doesn’t end in tears again……….
Please, God. Not Wembley again....!
The horror, the horror.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It has to start some time let it be this Saturday. We currently have 34 points from 23 matches and are at home to Scunthorpe on Saturday, in recent weeks we have dropped down to our current position of ninth. If we win on Saturday this would then give us 37 points, the same as current fifth placed Swindon, who are away to Port Vale who are sixth so the best we could progress this week is a position of sixth, but probably 7th as Mansfield who are currently putting some decent results together, are at home to Walsall, with 22 matches left.

To get into the Autos we do need other clubs around us to start dropping points so a quick breakdown of pertinent fixtures this weekend for everyone to be aware of is listed below, together with how I believe they may go (I wouldn't put any money or faith in these if you have seen my points prediction record) but you will have your own thoughts/beliefs on how they will turn out. I have given their current positions and included their current form relative to playing home or away

Home Side
Position
Current Home form Position
Away Side
Position
Current Away Form Position
Prediction
Home side Pts after prediction
Away side pts after prediction
Newport
7th​
9th​
Harrogate
13th​
12th​
Draw
36​
31​
Mansfield Town
8th​
1st​
Walsall
15th​
3rd​
Home win
29​
Northampton Town
3rd​
3rd​
The Vegans
1st​
2nd​
Draw
Port Vale
6th​
4th​
Swindon Town
5th​
8th​
Home win
37​
Stevenage
21st​
15th​
Sutton Utd
4th​
14th​
Draw
24​
Tranmere Rovers
2nd​
5th​
Rochdale
17th​
17th​
Home Win
27​

Some interesting fixtures and hopefully some shocks among them (let's hope we are not one of them), but as part of this charge, as they say in football, let's take one match (week) at a time and see how we could progress by the end of it, so hopefully back in the play offs by 5 p.m. and 4 points off Autos.
It's a thoughtful analysis but the bottom line is if we start winning more than we lose or draw we'll be successful.

Forget the other teams, we're no where near having to rely on other results yet. Also, predicting others results in L2 is more difficult than any other division in my opinion. No-one really has a stand out team or squad so it's about form and consistency and a team towards the bottom such as Barrow are just as likely to go on a winning run as a team at the top like FGR are just as likely to have a spell of games where they pick up hardly any points.

We just need to show a bit more resilience and with a drop of luck re injuries and covid I think we'll be good for the autos.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see us getting top 3 but I've said that for the last 5 years for various reasons.
In fairness, you have been right every time!