• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

dontpassback

Watching that as a neutral,villa played well,but didn’t take their chances,and Man Utd are becoming a basket case of a club,something isn’t right there and I hope Middlesbrough don’t come up against any VAR decisions

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watching that as a neutral,villa played well,but didn’t take their chances,and Man Utd are becoming a basket case of a club,something isn’t right there and I hope Middlesbrough don’t come up against any VAR decisions
That was my take but I only saw the second half.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Villa did play well although on a number of occasions they gave the ball away with misplaced passes. Apart from the two disallowed goals they had a few chances which as you say they failed to take but for me generally they seem to be lacking a good creative midfielder.

Referee Oliver did not have a great game booking Villa’s Ramsey after only 12 minutes and then allowing a number of United players to get away with far worse challenges in particular Shaw until eventually booking the latter in 68th minute.

STURTZ

Is this the man u v villa match day thread or something?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
"It's very, very hard, you'll see
To like the video referee
But seeing what each week they do
There's really no occasion to"

Over 3 1/2 minutes to find a way to chalk off a goal. Clear and obvious error, my ass.

Bah!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Over 3 1/2 minutes to find a way to chalk off a goal. Clear and obvious error, my ass.

Bah!
What they needed was the ref that refereed our match against Cambridge he can find a reason quicker than that to override things (and then perhaps retract it later when it doesn't matter).

Interesting listening to Alan Shearer stating how inequitable it is that matches in the same Competition are being judged by different rules depending where it is being played!

Antony Moxey

For once I agreed with Shearer - either everyone in that round has it or no-one as it. Different to league matches in that the entire PL have VAR but the EFL don’t, but it does look stupid when you have televised games where you can see on decision being corrected by VAR but another not just because one tie is being played at a Premier League ground and the other isn’t.

What do they do if it’s a Prem v EFL tie? Does the Prem ground use VAR but if it goes to a replay that game isn’t subject to VAR? All or nothing for cup competitions for me.

denzel

For once I agreed with Shearer - either everyone in that round has it or no-one as it. Different to league matches in that the entire PL have VAR but the EFL don’t, but it does look stupid when you have televised games where you can see on decision being corrected by VAR but another not just because one tie is being played at a Premier League ground and the other isn’t.

What do they do if it’s a Prem v EFL tie? Does the Prem ground use VAR but if it goes to a replay that game isn’t subject to VAR? All or nothing for cup competitions for me.
They have done away with that scenario by binning replays.

Grecian2K

In fairness to Man Ure, if they had been dumped out of the FAC what would the Beeb have left to show this season? The delay was probably down to a team of top BBC video engineers being sent to the VAR room to suitably edit the footage.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

They have done away with that scenario by binning replays.
That was for Covid related fixture congestion not a recognition of the inconsistencies of VAR!