• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
What percentage of these cases were people who were actually sick?
I've no idea. What percentage of them had a lot of colds previously and still caught covid?

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course the gung-ho leader taking us through a novel, and thus by definition completely unknown killer virus is always the best way to go eh Jinxy? 🙄
Always easy to call for ‘bravery’ when its not you with the responsibility for public health.

NB.
There are plenty of course who think BJ was too ‘brave’ in his actions re. COVID, your aware of the ‘let the bodies pile high’ narrative that these people use against BJ?
I hear you Tavy, but at the end of the day a lot of people like to see bravery in a leader and are willing to overlook most other things.

Remember the polls during and for some months after the Vaccine push? More recently, there has been quite some revelry that England resisted fuller lockdowns, whilst Scotland and Wales ran home to their mummies.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I've no idea. What percentage of them had a lot of colds previously and still caught covid?
Probably the same figure as those who caught Covid and didn't get sick.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting developments from Czech Republic, they are now allowing key workers eg Doctors and Teachers to continue working after a positive test.

tavyred

I hear you Tavy, but at the end of the day a lot of people like to see bravery in a leader and are willing to overlook most other things.

Remember the polls during and for some months after the Vaccine push? More recently, there has been quite some revelry that England resisted fuller lockdowns, whilst Scotland and Wales ran home to their mummies.
Indeed, so no praise for BJ and his distinctive (some would say brave 😉) approach to the omicron wave when you compare England’s approach to other jurisdictions?
Drakeford was right when he said that England was an outlier in this regard wasn’t he.
NB.
Decent drop in England’s infections just announced I see, 22K drop when you compare today with last Monday.

Mr Jinx

Indeed, so no praise for BJ and his distinctive (some would say brave 😉) approach to the omicron wave when you compare England’s approach to other jurisdictions?
Yes, but only a little given his previous flip flop. I, like many others, like to see Leaders chose a direction and stick with it (unless it's pretty clear they can't).

tavyred

Yes, but only a little given his previous flip flop. I, like many others, like to see Leaders chose a direction and stick with it (unless it's pretty clear they can't).
The honourable gentleman is being way too harsh IMO.
Was the adoption of Plan B late last year the flip flip or u turn he says it was, or merely something the Government said could happen months ago if infections grew very quickly as they did just before crimbo?
England is as far I can see, the most open and least Covid restrictive country in Europe. That requires a modicum of brave leadership IMO.

Alistair20000

The honourable gentleman is being way too harsh IMO.
Was the adoption of Plan B late last year the flip flip or u turn he says it was, or merely something the Government said could happen months ago if infections grew very quickly as they did just before crimbo?
England is as far I can see, the most open and least Covid restrictive country in Europe. That requires a modicum of brave leadership IMO.
It was the large cohort of refusenik Tory backbenchers and some in the Cabinet that stopped Bunter from sneaking in more restrictions just before Xmas. Make no mistake that egged on by The Hood and Snake in the Grass that was where he was going.

tavyred

It was the large cohort of refusenik Tory backbenchers and some in the Cabinet that stopped Bunter from sneaking in more restrictions just before Xmas. Make no mistake that egged on by The Hood and Snake in the Grass that was where he was going.
Thanks Al.
Plan B was undoubtedly pushed through with the help of Labour MP’s, I wasn’t aware however of a range of further restrictions that BJ wanted to bring in above that.
What were they and when did he suggest them?

Alistair20000

Thanks Al.
Plan B was undoubtedly pushed through with the help of Labour MP’s, I wasn’t aware however of a range of further restrictions that BJ wanted to bring in above that.
What were they and when did he suggest them?
I think Yer Man was all set to follow Wee Nippy and the preposterous Drakeford with restrictions over and above Plan B. Plenty of leaked stuff along those lines and The Hood was blithely swallowing dodgy data from "the scientists"