• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter Matchday Thread

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry that exeweb isnt the most supportive of places at times. I think, as a parent, you have to do what YOU feel is right for your child as well as yourself. Nobody else's opinion really matters in this. Also, your child isnt going to grow up deprived if they miss watching city away.
In my younger years I went home and away. Fair to say I felt very deprived at the time. Then again, it was the 90s 😀

gilbertshoot

We used to sing it to Athena. As God is my witness I swear, if she had I'd have died a happy man there and then. Alas Athena was a no show goddess but sometimes in my dreams.....😇
Wonder what she's up to these days?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry that exeweb isnt the most supportive of places at times. I think, as a parent, you have to do what YOU feel is right for your child as well as yourself. Nobody else's opinion really matters in this. Also, your child isnt going to grow up deprived if they miss watching city away.
Apart from it was written on a discussion board, therefore discussed

geoffwp

Apart from it was written on a discussion board, therefore discussed
Of course it is/was, totally agree max. That doesnt alter what I said though in terms of parental decisions.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting thoughts on it, without wanting to turn this into a parenting thread - I also wouldn't take my daughter to an away game because she would be bored to tears! 😂

arthur

Weirdest and saddest thing about the JMT obsessives is, if true, that they changed ends at half time in order to spend the whole match being as far away from us scoring a goal as possible. In my youth we also used often to change ends at half time but in the opposite direction....

grecianstew

Weirdest and saddest thing about the JMT obsessives is, if true, that they changed ends at half time in order to spend the whole match being as far away from us scoring a goal as possible. In my youth we also used often to change ends at half time but in the opposite direction....
Wasn’t there so commenting from ignorance. But Shirley if they changed ends in order to continue harassing JMT they would have been at the end we are looking to score in? He is likely to spend much more time in his own box / half than in ours?

Antony Moxey

Being able to change ends at half time? How delightfully non-league.

andrew p long

Being able to change ends at half time? How delightfully non-league.
At the risk of a whoosh, the away fans at FGR are usually on the long side terrace. Therefore it possible to move from one end of the terrace to the other but without ever being on the terraces behind either goal (I think of 'changing ends' as going from behind one goal to the other)

arthur

At the risk of a whoosh, the away fans at FGR are usually on the long side terrace. Therefore it possible to move from one end of the terrace to the other but without ever being on the terraces behind either goal (I think of 'changing ends' as going from behind one goal to the other)
That's what I meant. And saw, including a small group who stopped by at the half way line for a chat en route to the other end.