• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd swap him for Seymour I'm a flash though.
Booger me. I'd swap Seymour for Logie (or Flacky) Even nowadays!

Being at last night's game perfectly captured my feelings about the past 3 or so years.

I was immensely proud to be part of a club which can take 800+ fans to a midweek League 2 fixture. Immensely relieved that I don't support a club like Forest Green Rovers. Immensely impressed that our players can play high energy passing football for 90 minutes. And immensely frustrated that we didn't get a better result.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being at last night's game perfectly captured my feelings about the past 3 or so years.

I was immensely proud to be part of a club which can take 800+ fans to a midweek League 2 fixture. Immensely relieved that I don't support a club like Forest Green Rovers. Immensely impressed that our players can play high energy passing football for 90 minutes. And immensely frustrated that we didn't get a better result.
Welcome to the immensely frustrating club with, according to the learned Derek "I can't count either" Adams, has "no ambition".
Our club was and still is ambitious to keep developing players via the academy and play them - got a feeling that after last night MT's phone will be red hot with enquiries re Diabate, Collins, Kite, MJ & Key.
Well done the academy & UTC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

denzel

They were chanting about bacon? Throw the book at them.

budegrecian

I'm guessing the misogynistic chanting referred to was the 'get your ***s out for the lads' chant . This was aimed at the large guy with minimal clothing on, I believe.

grecIAN Harris

I wasn't there last night but have heard the JMT chants before. They are unnecersery and somewhat embarrassing. As for the rest of it (assuming budegrecian is correct) have the narrow minded Village idiots not got a sense of humour.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing the misogynistic chanting referred to was the 'get your ***s out for the lads' chant . This was aimed at the large guy with minimal clothing on, I believe.
Their forum suggests it was a chant about chlamydia aimed at a female

fred binneys head

It might have been the ‘she’s got chlamydia’ chant which I’ve heard many times and sounds more puerile and childish the more I hear it. Singing ‘get your tits out for the lads’ to a woman is pathetic and wrong, singing it to a fat bloke is quality.

geoffwp

We used to sing it to Athena. As God is my witness I swear, if she had I'd have died a happy man there and then. Alas Athena was a no show goddess but sometimes in my dreams.....😇