• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Tim, David Vine presenting too, Jeez I'm must have been young watching that!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always thought Billy Beaumont and Emilyn Hughes were good. (Not sure if they were team captains at the same time)
Those two were my favourites and am pretty sure they were captains at the same time. I preferred it back then to now. Now it's trying to hard to be funny.

DB9

Those two were my favourites and am pretty sure they were captains at the same time. I preferred it back then to now. Now it's trying to hard to be funny.
Its because the team captains were naturally funny, No need for a script, Just banter.

Mr Jinx

Its because the team captains were naturally funny, No need for a script, Just banter.
Ah banter. I remember that. It got renamed though. Now commonly known as harassment, bullying or discrimination. Snowflakes don't know what they're missing!

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Watched the first episode of Anne(ITV Hub)The story around Anne Williams(played by Maxine Peake)who’s son Kevin died at Hillsborough.

A sad story around that fateful day in Sheffield.The subsequent fight about what really happened & who was responsible.

Anne Williams died in 2012.

Tim Long

There's a single episode of Quiz Ball on BBC iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02mbcsf

Although ITV have tried to recreate similar with Football Genius, presented by Tim Vine... but the fact it is usually on at 2am shows how successful that has been. https://www.itv.com/hub/football-genius/2a5891a0003

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

6th January 1990.

Maybe the last huge Saturday prime-time American import begins.Baywatch,which ITV helped fund after NBC nearly cancelled it one series in,become the reputed "most watched programme in the world"
Set in Los Angeles County,most filming took place on Santa Monica Beach 😍
It ran for 11 Seasons(242 Episodes)

46A66C04-42BD-412A-B109-3077CD2AFFEC.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

6th January 1980.

A welcome return of Steeplejack Fred Dibnah on BBC2.He was shown in a one off programme about his trade the year before.It proved so popular that another was commissioned.

On BBC 1 the sad legacy of one of the worlds despots from the 1970s was shown.It was estimated that circa 250,000 people were murdered during Ide Amins rule in Uganda from 1971-79.
He was never taken to task by the international community.After a ill fated invasion of Tanzania which resulted in defeat & his exile in Libya,Iraq & then seeing out his days in Saudi Arabia.’Birds of a feather stick together’

189377C8-8101-45E7-8588-FFFA083FFB36.jpegB976F58F-71BB-4EE6-B8F7-A2F944C0E948.jpeg

angelic upstart

Ah banter. I remember that. It got renamed though. Now commonly known as harassment, bullying or discrimination. Snowflakes don't know what they're missing!
Banter still happens, you can still do it. I still do it. Just some people don't think it's right to force ones banter on random folks, so some others have decided it's not allowed, but it is.

Oldsmobile-88

7th January 1970.

Andy Williams on BBC1.A NBC show(1962-71)

Just casting my mind back,was this the show where the famous crooner was sat in a chair singing at one point in a nice sweater ?

On ITV Whickers World..Alan Whicker travelling the globe reporting on various locations in in own off beat style..The former French Penal Colony of French Guiana in his sights this evening.Devils Island.

Whickers World was at this time a Yorkshire TV production.It started in 1958 as a BBC commissioned programme(until 1968 & then 1984-92)

C47BDD99-935C-4575-B94A-709C43273ADC.jpeg