• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Update - It's now everyone in my household has covid except me. Firstborn is back to all but full fitness, and has to have a week off school so it'll be tough times by the weekend dan's le Maison du Upstart.
Further update - I now have covid, well not officially til they get me the result of my test. Currently I have no symptoms, I wouldn't have known unless the long suffering mrs upstart insisted that I had one "just in case" I hope it stays that way. My toddler is finally getting better after 3 really quite rough days for him.

DB9

Further update - I now have covid, well not officially til they get me the result of my test. Currently I have no symptoms, I wouldn't have known unless the long suffering mrs upstart insisted that I had one "just in case" I hope it stays that way. My toddler is finally getting better after 3 really quite rough days for him.
Thoughts with you and your family AU, Especially the little lad, Not nice when they're unwell at that age. Stay safe 👍

Alistair20000

Maybe the test will be negative but hope it does not hit you too hard if you do have it AU. Just as important, hope that your lad soon feels better too. (y)

angelic upstart

Thoughts with you and your family AU, Especially the little lad, Not nice when they're unwell at that age. Stay safe 👍
I'll be fine skipper I'm sure. If not, you'll soon know as I'll be on here all day and not be working! Which oddly enough I am just finishing up now as I m moving some stuff from AWS to an old school on-prem server, fancy!

DB9

I'll be fine skipper I'm sure. If not, you'll soon know as I'll be on here all day and not be working! Which oddly enough I am just finishing up now as I m moving some stuff from AWS to an old school on-prem server, fancy!
I'm sure you will, Us old feckers on here are really a caring bunch you know, We disagree but the serious stuff like this we can pass on our good wishes and mean it.

fred binneys head

I hope you and your family get better soon AU 👍

angelic upstart

I'm losing my touch, not one "I hope you die soon" message from anyone yet!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing as we are both nearer hell than SJP please let me know if you need anything dropped off.
UTC and all Angelic Upstarts get well soon.
UTC

DB9

I'm losing my touch, not one "I hope you die soon" message from anyone yet!
This isn't SM AU 🙂

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Hospitalisations now plummeting.
They’re now around 2K lower than they were a month ago at 7641.
Yes but deaths/infections lag behind infection rates as people don't die straight away ! unfortunately the recent surge in new cases will be reflected in higher fatalities in a few weeks time.

Don't forget the time of posting this there are 400k people who have covid in this country , and doubtless the figure is likely to be well over half a million if you include people that have Covid but don't realise it.

In addition, the reason for the decline in cases after a peak in early January 2021 can be attributed to the efficacy of the Lockdown. The Government is sticking to it's libertarian principles & no further lockdowns nor any restrictions are planned, therefore rises in cases , deaths and disruption should continue unabated until Spring 2022.