• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Carlisle Utd Matchday thread

Memphis09

Our left side was poor. I still feel Nombe could do with a partner rather than face a stream of "run after that Stanno" passes. Still, as has been said, getting a result on an off day is the mark of a successful team. We shall be champions.

Re Mellish the count who was sent off, presumably Al saw him kick MJ for no apparent reason when neither player was anywhere near the ball
yes I saw that as well should and could of gone earlier

Memphis09

The cynical amongst us might suggest that Dawsons high profile "finger wagging" at the referee again might have contributed to his eventual decision to hand out a red card?
Yes but he was asking for it before by kicking Jay of the ball behind the refs back
Credit to Jay some players would of gone down and rolled around

Memphis09

It wasn't a comfortable win today, when really it should have been after they went down to 10 men.

It seemed to me as if the game bypassed the midfield, and we didn't play with enough fluidity. Collins was great for the first 10 minutes and then faded off. Everything went by Dieng.

I was disappointed in Coley. He looked shy of confidence and Mellor had him in his back pocket. But when caprice came on the roles where reversed, which just goes to show that Coley still has a lot of work to do to cement a first team place.

Id expect a couple more changes for Tuesdays game at Colchester.

With all that said the strength in depth we have in this team is exciting. Expecting big things this year.
This was Coleys first league start he is learning the game
Played well on Tuesday
There is a good there but it will take time

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
This was Coleys first league start he is learning the game
Played well on Tuesday
There is a good there but it will take time
Coley wasn't helped with the sort of service he was getting. Daniel's passing wasn't brilliant generally and some of the dross being fed to him Archie Collins...................................... Collins performance yesterday backed up why I'd prefer to have Taylor in the side once he is fit.

Red red

According to a fan sat a few rows behind me, Harry Kite was rubbish today.
Sounds a bit like some the idiots stood next to me on the big bank

geoffwp

I find it quite incredible that here we are on an amazing unbeaten run, top of the form table, second in the actual table, and yet I'm still reading sarky critical digs at the manager. FFS, no pleasing some. Bleddy wannabe football managers.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find it quite incredible that here we are on an amazing unbeaten run, top of the form table, second in the actual table, and yet I'm still reading sarky critical digs at the manager. FFS, no pleasing some. Bleddy wannabe football managers.
We could win 10-0 and you'd get someone saying it should've been 11.

robchave

We often appear to be second best in early stages of games; not making our passes and giving away the ball too often. I feel that the reason for this is that we are trying to make the low percentage passes to often. Some of the players seem to think that every pass has to be a 'worldie'. However, the most impressive 'team goals' come from a series of quick, high-percentage passes and hard running.
It's hard to complain after 20 unbeaten, but this team can still get better.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to a fan sat a few rows behind me, Harry Kite was rubbish today.
Dont you just love those die hard fans who know our players so well ...........:)

denzel

Matt taylor is doing his best to rest up players during this busy period in the season but Hartridge and Sweeny are two players that seem to play every match. One day we will have to play Grounds and it's important to try and keep him match ready.
And Stubbs. Hope Ray is back on Tuesday though