• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment Proposal - Trust ballot

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm expecting a resounding 'yes' but what happens if it's a no? What if there was only one element of the proposal that caused the majority of members to vote 'no'? (for example, the choice of contractor?). Do the club come up with a revised proposal and we have another vote?
If we vote no then it doesn't happen.

dontpassback

I think that any extra advantage we can get from better facilities,must be beneficial now and in the long run,so I think it would be money well invested.

Phillip

The video of yesterday's Members Forum at the Phoenix is now available on the Trust's YouTube Channel. It starts with club video that you may have seen but follows on to a Question and Answer Session. You can find the YouTube video here:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
For ever and ever?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the Trust members voted no then you'd have to question what they really wanted, This is our best opportunity to bring the C&F into the 21st Century with up to date facilities, If voted no and the players had to work/rest/have physio in those dilapidated buildings as a player you'd be asking if you wanted to be here. The players know our model and know how much the fan's are part of this club it would be a real "Smack in the mouth" If the members voted to reject this.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the Trust members voted no then you'd have to question what they really wanted, This is our best opportunity to bring the C&F into the 21st Century with up to date facilities, If voted no and the players had to work/rest/have physio in those dilapidated buildings as a player you'd be asking if you wanted to be here. The players know our model and know how much the fan's are part of this club it would be a real "Smack in the mouth" If the members voted to reject this.
I agree and cannot see many voting against this. It seems a no brainer.

DB9

Nor can i really Martin but they are just my thoughts If it went the other way.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
ML I agree too and really hoping for an overall “Yes” vote.

SaintJames

The video of yesterday's Members Forum at the Phoenix is now available on the Trust's YouTube Channel. It starts with club video that you may have seen but follows on to a Question and Answer Session. You can find the YouTube video here:
Lengthy but ultimately a rewarding watch. Two aspects came to mind after notably 1) I hadn't appreciated that there would be a second stage build for the Academy as I assumed this was all required due to the concerns raised in previous inspections of our Academy facilities. I cant recall any figure being given for what phase two would cost but it looks like it would be required at some stage. 2) Much emphasis was put on the risks being placed on the contractor should inflation and build costs rise over 2-4%. However, when it was stated that much of the modular costs (£1M) were due to the steel required I wondered how realistic it is to expect the contractor to bear the costs of increased build costs. They would simply go bust I suspect.

Antony Moxey

I think the point being made wasn’t about voting no to the proposal, but more about if one particular element was of concern with the example being given of the contractor used for the scheme. The question was more about if enough people showed concern over the contractor then would the Trust look to appoint a different contractor or would the whole scheme be dead in the water?

As a further example of this, were this proposal put forward 20-odd years ago with Mowlems listed as the main contractor I’d vote no purely on that basis - not no to the scheme, but no to one specific aspect of it.