• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have Bay Kurley, Beff Rigby or Piers Morgan mentioned the story yet? 🙄

tonykellowfan

But the great British public don't make the rules.
We have lived under the Magna Carta for 700 years and that guarantees people's liberty.

Alistair20000

It's the usual tabloid hypocrisy. As if the public at large were keeping to the rules all the time every day.
Actually some of us were keeping to the rules even if we disagreed with them, maybe lots of us.

Alistair20000

Will it matter though?
After all, did the great guru Cummings resign over THAT trip? Did he 'eck as like!
It took a major hissy fit with his boss (or, more likely the boss's missus) over a perceived personal slight for him to eventually "do the right thing".
Haven't you realised yet Al...the roolz never apply to the "great and the (not so) good"
I know all that G2K. Won’t stop me getting bleddy angry if it is true.

DB9

We have lived under the Magna Carta for 700 years and that guarantees people's liberty.
Don't think the Magna Carta mentioned Covid TKF, The rules what done Hancock, Not him getting his leg over.

Grecian2K

I know all that G2K. Won’t stop me getting bleddy angry if it is true.
I would agree with you Al but, apparently, I'm not allowed to get angry any more (at least as far as this (mis)government is concerned).
So "Bravo Boris...Carry on Carrie...for all your untiring efforts you deserves the frequent holibobs and liberties that the rest of us we mere mortals are denied".
(Will that do, as an attempt at jingoistic hypocrisy a la Express/Mail/Telegraph?)

tonykellowfan

Well I was obeying the rules to the letter for a long time (unlike my neighbours) until

A) my mum's cancer returned
B) an immediate family member started developing mental health problems as a result of lockdown

Grecian2K

Don't think the Magna Carta mentioned Covid TKF, The rules what done Hancock, Not him getting his leg over.
Yes, but to be fair
1) Even back in 1215 the bubonic plague and the rest of the medieval lurgies were still lurking..and poor old King John did not have "government medical advisors" to guide him toward a "mass leeching policy")
2) A bit harsh on poor little Matty H there. The one thing he can't be accused of is a lack of "hands on" government.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

angelic upstart

We don't live under the Magna Carta.

tavyred

We don't live under the Magna Carta.
Trial by jury? 🤷‍♂️