• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2021/22

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Serious question though.
Is R1 regionalised?
Or do we face a possible trip to "Cousin Ashley" again...or, even worse, a potential space shuttle trip to Morpeth...an away day that (by my estimation) would even exceed the real life adventures of Capt James T Kirk by more than threefold into the great unknown?
Nope, straight draw. Daft as a brush if you ask me, surely a no brainer to regionalise it if the FA want to reduce their carbon footprint, even though that means we will get Colchester away.

Andy_H

Are there any Collieries left in Pontefract? Or anywhere else in the country for that matter?
Be a bit like calling ourselves "St James Pig Farm FC"
Of course there must be, where do you think they mine the liqourice for Pontefract cakes, it doesn't grow on tree you know? :)

andrew p long

Jeepers! The BBC commentator (red button/iplayer) on the Bromsgrove Sporting-Grimsby FAC4QR tie keeps getting the pronunciation wrong.

When he tries to say Bromsgrove Sporting he often says "Bromgrove' - yikes, its not difficult to include the 's' in the middle!

Grecian2K

Thankfully "Cousin Ashley" were thoroughly dismantled by the twisted Spirites.

So Bowers & Pitsea potentially away then for our next banana skin - at least there would be a little TV money on the table?

PS: Thank Christ for the single replay/penalty shoot out model though....on current form we'd still be playing Round One next May

Last edited:

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kett’ring away please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Aldershot losing to a team I've never heard of has made my day :)

Grecian2K

Aldershot losing to a team I've never heard of has made my day :)
That really must have been the pits, see.

Oldsmobile-88

Marine were within a minute of another cup upset this time against Wrexham who play 3 levels higher.
A 90 + 5 equaliser denying them victory.
The replay next week is at Nantwich Town due to the Racecourse ground having a new pitch being laid.

Grecian2K

Looking forward to the Hollywood blockbuster movie where the plucky Yanks finally overcome the upstart British Marines.

sign of the chimes

Nope, straight draw. Daft as a brush if you ask me, surely a no brainer to regionalise it if the FA want to reduce their carbon footprint, even though that means we will get Colchester away.
I can understand the rationale for regionalising the qualifying rounds given the vast majority of the teams prior to the fourth qualifying round are playing in regionalised leagues for good reason; but I'd be gutted if the early rounds (proper) were regionalised. Surely most of the non-league teams in the bag tomorrow will want a chance to play in front of a five figure crowd against the likes of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Ipswich, etc. regardless of where they're based?

I'm not a scientist - so very happy to be corrected - but I can't imagine the carbon footprint of the cars and a few coaches of Curzon Ashton players/fans travelling to Swindon (for example) is going to get anywhere close to the footprint of Man U taking a private jet to Leicester this weekend (for all the good it did them)?