• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment Proposal - Trust ballot

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The proposed plans at the end of the document: are they the same ones that we saw towards the end of last year that were drawn up by Matt Jay's dad?

Bridgy 81

I‘m a Trust member and receive emails from them but haven’t had one about this yet today.
I wonder if they’re being sent out in batches or if mine has gone astray in electronic transit?

Alistair20000

I‘m a Trust member and receive emails from them but haven’t had one about this yet today.
I wonder if they’re being sent out in batches or if mine has gone astray in electronic transit?
Had mine this morning Bridgy.

Send the Trust an email in case your record has been removed in error.

i8cornwall

Fair play to the trust asking it's members for a vote on this and long may that continue.

As a non trust member I can't vote but I'd be interested to see more detail and how this would effect other projects being undertaken by the club such as project 6K.

Other the that I've no view one way or the other just as long as the development doesn't

1) effect what is produced on the pitch come a Saturday and our ability to become a league one club in the near future.

or

2) the club has plans to get ourselves out of any mess if this all goes south and we find ourselves neck deep in it.

andrew p long

It would be great to do this development

For this exercise, what stress tests are applied is important, in particular what events would put the club in jeopardy. How bad is it if we don't get any as yet unconfirmed transfer income? And we are heavily dependent on stage payments on existing transfers. What happens if Aston Villa or Brentford have cash flow problems/delay payments? I suspect we are OK on this, but would like to see what the thought process has been, especially because of the words of caution about the pressure on the finance function.

(Finally I always have to have cash flow forecasts explained by somebody who understands them, as there are some figures that look cumulative - 'debtor' payments of 6-7m per year?- are they really cash inflows )

Red Devon

The more I read of the proposal the more risky it all looks, I am also not entirely sure a project of this nature is necessary to move the club forward considering the financial outlay and risk involved….Our already brilliant academy has turned into something of a production line of young talent over the last decade or so and is showing no sign of slowing up soon…so maybe a risk not worth taking.

iscalad

The more I read of the proposal the more risky it all looks, I am also not entirely sure a project of this nature is necessary to move the club forward considering the financial outlay and risk involved….Our already brilliant academy has turned into something of a production line of young talent over the last decade or so and is showing no sign of slowing up soon…so maybe a risk not worth taking.
If the buildings fall down, get condemned etc because of their age, what young talent would you expect us to produce.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Check your junk mail (if you haven't already).

Red Devon

If the buildings fall down, get condemned etc because of their age, what young talent would you expect us to produce.
Does it need to be quite so extravagant!?

Bridgy 81

Check your junk mail (if you haven't already).
Thanks Pete but nothing in there other than an advert for something that will ensure that my bowels are completely emptied!
I’ll message the Trust (about their email, not the advert).