• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tottenham are idiots.

They turned their noses up at Jack Grealish (thought £35m was overvalued).

I believe they did similar with Watkins previously (thought £25m was overvalued).

But £55m for N'Dombele was fine of course.

Arsenal seem to be pretty much in the same boat. Not going too well in N London right now.

grecIAN Harris

That's just rehashed rumour milling from the summer when he was believed to be on Spurs list of targets when, as it perceived to be at the time, Kane left.

DB9

Tottenham are idiots.

They turned their noses up at Jack Grealish (thought £35m was overvalued).

I believe they did similar with Watkins previously (thought £25m was overvalued).

But £55m for N'Dombele was fine of course.

Arsenal seem to be pretty much in the same boat. Not going too well in N London right now.
Arsenal & Spurs are in the same boat, All be it Arsenal are nearer to get out of it, They both have had new stadiums built at huge costs and are having to pay back what they borrowed, A squad that is really never in the top four mould, Struggle to get players in because they're not in the CL and this season, Arsenal not even in Europe, Spurs will follow suit, Both have Chairmen that do not want to spend big and that is why Levvy wanted Ollie for £25m, North London could be in the doldrums for a while and if i was Ollie I'd keep on doing things at Villa and a better club might come in for you, Either in the PL or in Europe.

Mr Jinx

Both have Chairmen that do not want to spend big
Errr...£75m for Pepe....errr...!?!?!

They do wanna spend big...just not on promising English talent, evidently.

DB9

Errr...£75m for Pepe....errr...!?!?!

They do wanna spend big...just not on promising English talent, evidently.
Sorry forgot about him, But in general they aint spenders, Especially Spurs. Like i say Ollie is ok where he is at the moment and he'd be daft to move unless a real "Too good to miss" one came along.

STURTZ

Think most people will wait until Ollie proves that he can score some goals before shelling out any money for him.

STURTZ

Currently I'd have Toney, Benrahma, Maupey, even Mbeumo as being ahead of Watkins as top premiership striker with Brentford connections.

DB9

Currently I'd have Toney, Benrahma, Maupey, even Mbeumo as being ahead of Watkins as top premiership striker with Brentford connections.
I'd agree with most but Toney, Like Ollie last season with Villa, His first season in the PL with Brentford, He's having a great start but i think we'll have to wait until end of season before we can compare, I think also Ollie is more than just scoring, He brings a lot into a team.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with most but Toney, Like Ollie last season with Villa, His first season in the PL with Brentford, He's having a great start but i think we'll have to wait until end of season before we can compare, I think also Ollie is more than just scoring, He brings a lot into a team.
Agree completely all the pundits make similar comments. It will be interesting to see if he gets another call up by Southgate. One of his immediate challengers for a place Bamford is injured and did not really impress when given his opportunity to stake his claim so Ollie still has to be in there with the chance of a recall so will be keeping 🤞for him.

Last edited:

Ash

Sorry forgot about him, But in general they aint spenders, Especially Spurs. Like i say Ollie is ok where he is at the moment and he'd be daft to move unless a real "Too good to miss" one came along.
Arsenal had a higher net spend than any other Premiership side in the transfer window just gone. At 131.8 million, it was quite a distance ahead of the next biggest spenders.