• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Warwickshire take the Championship.

An abysmal last half to the 2021 season in all formats from the Cidermen :mad:
So who should "carry the can" ? Should Jason Kerr and/or Tom Abell get the "bullet", or is there some faceless selection committee who need putting out to pasture ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice to support a team of obliging proper chaps. Wish we could play such helpful teams when we're going for trophies.

One faint silver lining in a dismal cloud: which team batted spinelessly when we needed them to show some grit against Notts in 2010? Oh, yes - Lancashire.

Alistair20000

Nice to support a team of obliging proper chaps. Wish we could play such helpful teams when we're going for trophies.

One faint silver lining in a dismal cloud: which team batted spinelessly when we needed them to show some grit against Notts in 2010? Oh, yes - Lancashire.
A bit of just desserts for Lancs perhaps but as you say only a very faint silver lining.

Alistair20000

So who should "carry the can" ? Should Jason Kerr and/or Tom Abell get the "bullet", or is there some faceless selection committee who need putting out to pasture ?
Not sure on that. Beyond my pay grade.

Alistair20000

Huge double hundred for Ollie Pope at the Oval but what a borefest. Only 10 wickets in the whole match.

Colesman Ballz

Not sure on that. Beyond my pay grade.
Watch out for splinters on that fence ! As a paid up member are you not allowed to have an opinion ? :unsure:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Head Coach, Jason Kerr would pick the team. Above him is Director of Cricket Andy Hurry, who has been part of the SCCC furniture, on and off, for twenty years. The captaincy has frequently been a headache for the club, and I can't think of many obvious replacements. As for the CEO and Chairman, I couldn't name either of them!

Alistair20000

As Head Coach, Jason Kerr would pick the team. Above him is Director of Cricket Andy Hurry, who has been part of the SCCC furniture, on and off, for twenty years. The captaincy has frequently been a headache for the club, and I can't think of many obvious replacements. As for the CEO and Chairman, I couldn't name either of them!
Here to help

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Huge double hundred for Ollie Pope at the Oval but what a borefest. Only 10 wickets in the whole match.
The sort of totals you used to get c 1990, when the pitches were so good. Jimmy Cook got 28 hundreds in his three seasons with Somerset!

manc grecian

Moeen retires from test cricket. A handy bowler and his batting should've been better than his stats suggest. Seems like a decent chap and good on him for not putting himself through the tour of Australia if he wasn't up to it mentally.