• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am much saddened FT does not float your boat. What comedy tickles your fancy if it is not impertinent to politely enquire ?
Mrs Brown's Boys and King Gary.

Oldsmobile-88

Storyville on iplayer : Toffs,Queers & Traitors.Looks at the extraordinary life of Guy Burgess coupled with the sexual hypocrisy & government incompetence around the spy ring that grew out of the class system.

The Countess of Avon is interviewed.She was Winston Churchill’s niece.Married his Foreign Secretary & later Prime Minister Anthony Eden in 1945.She knew him as did Churchill who met Burgess in 1938 when he was a BBC Journalist.
Clarissa,The Countess of Avon is now 101.

One of the best programmes I’ve seen on one of the Oxford spy ring.

Alistair20000

Mrs Brown's Boys and King Gary.
Noted, thank you.

I could never get into MBB :(

LOG

Noted, thank you.

I could never get into MBB :(
I wasn't being serious :ROFLMAO: Both those mentioned are enough for me to leave the room.

Banksy

Luan Peters /Karol Keyes

View attachment 7090
Ooooo , errrr , missus.

Banksy

Channel surfing last night,I came across Braveheart(1995) with the dreadful Mel Gibson in the lead role.Surely a native Scotsman should have had the role ?
Full of nonsense & historical inaccuracy.
As poor as I can recall from watching it originally.

A better film imo from that year was Rob Roy(1995) Liam Neilson in the lead role.
Loved the end of that sword fight against nasty little Tim.

Alistair20000

I wasn't being serious :ROFLMAO: Both those mentioned are enough for me to leave the room.
I am starting to understand Lionel comedy now :)

Banksy

For sci-fi aficionados I see there is a series coming out shortly based on Asimov’s Foundation books.
Read all of those fifty years ago when I was a youngster. I watched the preview on Sky and it looks good , unfortunately it’s made by Apple TV so whether I’ll get to see anymore I don’t know. Here’s hoping.

DB9

Monday night at 9pm on C4 the return of the excellent "24hrs in Police Custody" for a new series. Must watch viewing imho.

Mr Jinx

Monday night at 9pm on C4 the return of the excellent "24hrs in Police Custody" for a new series. Must watch viewing imho.
"No comment."

• Haha
Reactions: DB9