• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
So St Brillo has scuttled back to the dear old Beeb in order to have his little dig about GB Snooze.
GB News: I became a minority of one, says Andrew Neil - BBC News
How ironic.
I don't think it came across as a dig. Neil told it like it was and one can understand why he walked. Think he left on good terms though as he's since contributed with news opinions.

Won't stop the Left whipping up the storm in a teacup of course.

elginCity

'news opinions'

snort.

Rosencrantz

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edited for factuals:
Bosses initially considered getting Mr Farage to confront him live on air, before deciding Neil would pi$$ all over Farage in a debate

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Terrible to see the woke GB News no platforming Neil

angelic upstart

I don't think it came across as a dig. Neil told it like it was and one can understand why he walked. Think he left on good terms though as he's since contributed with news opinions.
Not sure this one aged particularly well!

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Between Neil and the chap who took the knee, I'm assuming GB News would not be so hypocritical as to complain about cancel culture in the future?

Grecian2K

Your favourite newspaper seems to think differently! :ROFLMAO:
Andrew Neil vows never to appear on GB News again (msn.com)
Purple on purple....bring out the popcorn! 🥊🥊

Mr Jinx

Your favourite newspaper seems to think differently! :ROFLMAO:
Andrew Neil vows never to appear on GB News again (msn.com)
Purple on purple....bring out the popcorn! 🥊🥊
Ha, yes. The amicable terms quickly soured.

Given there isn't actually much news as such on GB News, I think it will fail.

Essentially it's just a 24/7 chat show. These things are more effective on radio, in that you don't need to see the people talking as there is nothing to see.

If Uncle Roop's new venture is pretty much the same but just with different hosts, it will end up with the same fate.

What BBC & Sky news gives you is roving reporters relaying updates from the coal face, interspersed with chat. It's more made for TV.

DB9

Ha, yes. The amicable terms quickly soured.

Given there isn't actually much news as such on GB News, I think it will fail.

Essentially it's just a 24/7 chat show. These things are more effective on radio, in that you don't need to see the people talking as there is nothing to see.

If Uncle Roop's new venture is pretty much the same but just with different hosts, it will end up with the same fate.

What BBC & Sky news gives you is roving reporters relaying updates from the coal face, interspersed with chat. It's more made for TV.
Maybe they're trying News on the cheap? Like you say you need reporters out in the field, An office in Westminster at the very least, I personally think its a shame they've gone down the "Chat" route, Those sort of channels have a home online. You need an alternative view, Even if you disagree with that view but GB News haven't found its niche really just yet.