• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
One you won't fall out over: the gorgeous Glynis Barber 🥰. Dempsey and Makepeace being shown again on ITV4.
Also in later series of Blake's 7 on Forces TV

Oldsmobile-88

20th September 1966.

On BBC1 looks like a good programme about the Suez debacle that occurred 10 years before.
After that Britain(& France) twigged that they were no longer world powers.Anthony Eden PM at the time as James Callaghan said on the formers death 10 years later,was a victim of circumstance.
I wonder if Eden contributed to the programme ?

5737C09B-8A71-4808-B918-F26D9A550B0C.jpeg

Spoonz Red E

I remember that episode of Emergency Ward 10.
They'd just told the guy that his wife had turned into an elephant.

iscalad

Panorama Football's Broken Dreams. Lifting the lid on what goes on in some Acadamies and what some agents get up to

Mr Jinx

Panorama Football's Broken Dreams. Lifting the lid on what goes on in some Acadamies and what some agents get up to
I'll set try and catch it. Academies are largely a racket.

We took young Jinx to a trial at Barnet. £40 it cost us, then when we got there there were another 30 kids. We didn't get asked back, but it had us thinking how many actually did. Wouldn't be surprised if it was none and they pocketed the ££1,200 for 90 minutes work.

But could've been a blessing in disguise as I've heard some real horror stories. Most coaches we know say stay away from academies until 15 years old, and even then, be very careful.

iscalad

I'll set try and catch it. Academies are largely a racket.

We took young Jinx to a trial at Barnet. £40 it cost us, then when we got there there were another 30 kids. We didn't get asked back, but it had us thinking how many actually did. Wouldn't be surprised if it was none and they pocketed the ££1,200 for 90 minutes work.

But could've been a blessing in disguise as I've heard some real horror stories. Most coaches we know say stay away from academies until 15 years old, and even then, be very careful.
It was o ly a 30 minute programme so there would be much more to uncover

Oldsmobile-88

This Hamlet Cigar ad always reminded me of the monkey enclosure at Longleat in the 1970s.Cars could get totally trashed 😁

Oldsmobile-88

The North Water on iplayer.
A 5 part drama set on a whaling ship out of Hull in 1859.
Colin Farrell plays a murderous psychopath who is the ships harpooner.Stephen Graham is the captain,Jack O’Connell the ships surgeon who left the Indian Army under a cloud.
Watched the first two episodes back to back.Excellent.Binge watching the rest tomorrow.

Oldsmobile-88

Piers seems to have started a trend on GMB.

Spoonz Red E

Never a good look to storm out of interviews.
You have an audience.
Stay calm.
Argue your point.

It did amuse me though that we go from Richard Madeley talking about intellectual vapidity to the other guest going directly from suffragettes to terrorism in one sentence without realising the historical and contextual irony.