• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Afghanistan

OmanGrecian

JFC NAPLES | NATO Afghan evacuees begin journey to resettlement

One of the most rewarding things I've ever been a part of. The smiles of relief on their faces when they reached here is something I will remember forever. I love walking around the temporary village playing football with the kids and talking to the families. Some of their stories are eye opening.

It is so sad seeing people arrive with just a bag on their back as all the possessions they have left in their life. Some of these were very well to do in Afghanistan and included teachers, doctors etc. Some have lost millions. Trying to make life as comfortable for them with cafe facilities, clothing, classrooms (the teachers amonsgt them want to continue education for the kids), recreation and much more before they move on to their new lives.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprise, Surprise, The Taliban have closed the Ministry for Women and have banned Secondary School age girls going to school and female teachers, Not quite what they promised is it 🙄

Banksy

Surprise, Surprise, The Taliban have closed the Ministry for Women and have banned Secondary School age girls going to school and female teachers, Not quite what they promised is it 🙄
Life’s a laugh a minute with the Taliban. Trouble is , they’re intent on inflicting their ridiculous religious ideas on everyone they can point a Kalashnikov at. So so sad for the normal people in that country particularly the women , who just want to be left alone to lead normal lives.

Mr Jinx

Life’s a laugh a minute with the Taliban. Trouble is , they’re intent on inflicting their ridiculous religious ideas on everyone they can point a Kalashnikov at. So so sad for the normal people in that country particularly the women , who just want to be left alone to lead normal lives.
Ah well...the Afghanistan public, by and large, outside of the big cities, did often help the Tali over the past 20 years.

I feel sorry for those that didn't, because it's now reaping of whirlwind time.

Oldsmobile-88

The first vessels in the Afghanistan Navy.

A75796E2-9655-4FF7-B7BC-B44623D8DE45.jpeg461133D7-CDC4-4FFB-98BD-F8E764D1B1CE.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

The first vessels in the Afghanistan Navy.

View attachment 7047View attachment 7048
@OmanGrecian

This is your next posting.Naval Attaché to Afghanistan 😎

OmanGrecian

@OmanGrecian

This is your next posting.Naval Attaché to Afghanistan 😎
Feels strange now being in a landlocked country (Kosovo) doing land and air planning for onward movement. Where's my submarine at????? :LOL: I do love the variety working for NATO though.

angelic upstart

Ah well...the Afghanistan public, by and large, outside of the big cities, did often help the Tali over the past 20 years.
Sounds like the UK going on about metropolitan elites.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As if this wasn't already an almighty fcuk-up:

elginCity

Note from above link that Mercer is piling in heavily once again. It was a serious error of judgement on his part to trust Johnson and his promises in order to climb the greasy pole. Honour is at the core of the armed services, and while this government is behaving dishonourably towards them I wouldn’t bank on their backing should push come to shove.