• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2021 Trust Board Elections

Phillip

See the Trust Website for details

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/post/election-manifestos-are-live

2021 Election Hustings 2nd October at 17:30 in the Grecian Centre

Make sure your trust details are up to date by contacting the Membership Secretary via [email protected]

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently there are 4 vacancies - so 4/8

hopefully the hustings will be made available online

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see so many excellent candidates standing; at first glance it will be a tough decision to narrow down it to 4.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see some decent options again, the quality of the candidates has been good for the last few years. I’ve got two or three definites and one or two definitely nots, so I’m looking forward to the rest of the process, hope the hustings are streamed or recorded.

andrew p long

Spoilt for choice methinks; a good selection to choose from!

NB I see that one candidate has gone full out for the Arizona vote, wanting to fill the gap between the Stanno stand and the Big Bank!

StroudGrecian

Sensible to start the whole thing off with a couple of Beers...

Boyo

Spoilt for choice methinks; a good selection to choose from!

NB I see that one candidate has gone full out for the Arizona vote, wanting to fill the gap between the Stanno stand and the Big Bank!
Haha. Having read that particular candidate's manifesto, I was left with an image of Donald Trump in my mind!

David Treharne

Good to see some decent options again, the quality of the candidates has been good for the last few years. I’ve got two or three definites and one or two definitely nots, so I’m looking forward to the rest of the process, hope the hustings are streamed or recorded.

What I think this shows is the support that the idea of being Trust owned and run has succeeded in implanting itself in the minds of the supporters. The (largely general) trend in other Trusts is for interest to dwindle after a number of years and to end up with a large number of co-options. The Trust at Exeter was in that situation for a couple of years, but 18 years on to have that level of interest is, I think, testament to the way that the Trust was set up. At varoius times in the past there have been attempts to manipulate the way in which it was run (I cite the 2014 period as evidence) but the system was proven strong enough to resist the various threats. I'd urge anybody who reads Exeweb and is a Trust member to participate in the process.
I also commend moving the AGM back to the Phoenix.
Sometimes when I post about the Trust I know I can sound like an old F*rt, but those 211 members who changed "support" to "own" in 2002 probably did so largly without any concept of how the idea would implant itself.

Pete Martin (CTID)

What I think this shows is the support that the idea of being Trust owned and run has succeeded in implanting itself in the minds of the supporters. The (largely general) trend in other Trusts is for interest to dwindle after a number of years and to end up with a large number of co-options. The Trust at Exeter was in that situation for a couple of years, but 18 years on to have that level of interest is, I think, testament to the way that the Trust was set up. At varoius times in the past there have been attempts to manipulate the way in which it was run (I cite the 2014 period as evidence) but the system was proven strong enough to resist the various threats. I'd urge anybody who reads Exeweb and is a Trust member to participate in the process.
I also commend moving the AGM back to the Phoenix.
Sometimes when I post about the Trust I know I can sound like an old F*rt, but those 211 members who changed "support" to "own" in 2002 probably did so largly without any concept of how the idea would implant itself.
I would echo every aspect of what you have said David. I am another old f*rt but, as someone who has sat on the Trust Board for three periods over 15 years, I too am a bit in awe of the way the Trust has kept going. I am sure, like you, we can point to many things that have improved in and around the club since the Trust took majority control, although, as ever, there is always work to do and always crises to deal with. The longevity of the Trust at Exeter is, in part, a testament to the number of different personalities that have given their considerable time and energy to the work of the Trust, both on the Board and behind the scenes and, not least of all, the rank-and-file membership that have stood by the Trust model over the years.

We are now just under two years away from the 20th anniversary of Trust ownership and I look forward both to the next two years and, hopefully, a significant observance and celebration of that milestone, perhaps, also, with a couple of promotions to celebrate by then too! ;):)

dontpassback

We are never going to be the biggest club in England,BUT i expect there a few other teams supporters looking at us and wimbledon and thinking big wish we could be like that,there seem to be plenty of basket cases in the EFL at the moment,but while we are fan owned we can look to do things,that other clubs fans can only dream of ,it certainly isn’t perfect but when you look back to Russell and Lewis era,we have come a very long way!