• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee and Sonny Cox - sign professional contracts

jimmy

Reckon the DoB must be wrong, otherwise he would only have been 14 when he was on the bench last autumn.
Yes, I'm sure I read that he's 17 in December. Still young to be #1 next August...but he'll have experience, like tonight, under his belt/gloves.

Have we had other young #1s? Paul Jonesy was 19 if I recall, Pym and Hamon also beys when they got the nod.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've queried the stats on there before and they come from the service provider, not the club apparently.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have we had other young #1s? Paul Jonesy was 19 if I recall, Pym and Hamon also beys when they got the nod.
I think Martin Rice was 12 when he made his first team debut?

I think Martin Rice was 12 when he made his first team debut?
With accurate data like that you could be lining yourself up to be a 'service provider'

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today is Sonny's 17th birthday. Happy birthday young man.

Does this mean his pro contract is now in force?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today is Sonny's 17th birthday. Happy birthday young man.

Does this mean his pro contract is now in force?
Yes if we're selling !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great news. I'm expecting big things from Sonny Cox. I've never seen him play, but his youth record is excellent and he has the sort of name that will take you places.

Red Bill

Great news. I'm expecting big things from Sonny Cox. I've never seen him play, but his youth record is excellent and he has the sort of name that will take you places.
Yes very pleased too. Well done Sonny and well done club!
If only Ampadu had done the same, we might has seen some proper money and it would have saved us from 400+ pages of the most tedious exweb thread I can remember!

Christian

Great news.....so its all confusing....so did he simply sign a pre-agreement when he started his scholarship...as you can only sign a pro at 17?