• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Times reporting that the government is planning to go ahead with vaccinating 12-15 year olds, against the advice of the JCVI.
Following the science......

Alistair20000

The Torygraph report today is rather more nuanced.

It says The Saj has instructed Chris Whitty to review the wider benefits to society of vaccinating children. I assume that means medical benefits.

So, they may be following “the science.” This term irritates me as it is clear there are different views about “the science”

DB9

The Torygraph report today is rather more nuanced.

It says The Saj has instructed Chris Whitty to review the wider benefits to society of vaccinating children. I assume that means medical benefits.

So, they may be following “the science.” This term irritates me as it is clear there are different views about “the science”
Very true Al, Listening to LBC this morning, Two programmes both had scientists on them and one lot said yes to vaccinating kids and the other lot said no, If the scientists can't agree, What hope us mere mortals? 🤷

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't envy anyone making the decision. We don't know if the vaccine has any long-term negative impacts, but we don't know whether covid does either. I can really see arguments for both side, the main ones being children don't appear to need protection from covid themselves, but vaccinating a large group that mixes regularly and don't have the best hygiene would provide more protection to the rest of society. Really tricky.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
To put children at risk - not matter how small that risk is - in order to provide protection to fully grown adults is shameful. It's not even a debate we should be having.

Antony Moxey

To put children at risk - not matter how small that risk is - in order to provide protection to fully grown adults is shameful. It's not even a debate we should be having.
That would suppose that the debate is as you describe.

iscalad

Rumours of an autumn lockdown.

elginCity

Rumours of an autumn lockdown.
Oh, really ?

FDB4ABFD-F677-41C5-8CFE-E30F9AAF5F0D.png

Grecian2K

Don't be naive.
Of course there won't be a "lockdown" - they would dare see another "promise" broken so quickly.
They'll just do the same but rebrand it with a snazzy new title.
"Circuit Breaker" didn't work so how about "Autumn Pause" or "Winter Breather".
And, even better, try to make sure that the responsibility (and public ire) is deflected toward the local authorities this time. ANYONE by St Boorish and his cronies.
I bet the drones in the No 10 beehive are burning the midnight oil on this even as I type.

iscalad

I didn't start the rumour, honest