• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Afghanistan

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
With a person being hung (Execution) from it
Just reading reports that the report that a man had been strung up with a helicopter is in fact a Taliban fighter with a flag celebrating the US withdrawal.

Mr Jinx

Just reading reports that the report that a man had been strung up with a helicopter is in fact a Taliban fighter with a flag celebrating the US withdrawal.
...and it was actually a Black Hawk, I stand corrected.

DB9

...and it was actually a Black Hawk, I stand corrected.
Now do they keep them or sell the "Secrets" of the Black Hawk to a third party along with other US hardware?

tavyred

Taliban parading around in US kit and with US weapons, could the humiliation for Biden and the US military be anymore complete?

DB9

Taliban parading around in US kit and with US weapons, could the humiliation for Biden and the US military be anymore complete?
Listening to US & UK Governments, This is NOT a defeat! :rolleyes:

angelic upstart

I think the key word there is US military. How many soldiers had left Afghan prior to Bidens presidency? Why on earth would they leave the cheap, moveable kit/Intel. A massive embarrassment. Course Biden will carry the can, but the ineptitude from the military is huge. I'm sceptical there ain't a reason for it to be honest.

Mr Jinx

Now do they keep them or sell the "Secrets" of the Black Hawk to a third party along with other US hardware?
Meh, China got all those donkeys ago

DB9

Meh, China got all those donkeys ago
There are other States who'd be interested.

manc grecian

I think the key word there is US military. How many soldiers had left Afghan prior to Bidens presidency? Why on earth would they leave the cheap, moveable kit/Intel. A massive embarrassment. Course Biden will carry the can, but the ineptitude from the military is huge. I'm sceptical there ain't a reason for it to be honest.
Almost as if they wanted them to have it? Lesser of two evils against the ISIS mob and everyone else is Collateral damage.

fred binneys head

Taliban parading around in US kit and with US weapons
Reminds me of the 80s, just a different name.