• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Metropolitan Lefties beginning to cotton on to the benefits of labour shortages?

I have to take it that (as usual) you read only the bits that suited you own views and NOT the whole article? 🙄

Yours sincerely
G2k (a paying subscriber of the "dreaded Guardian" for many years and not, merely, an on-line cherry-picker)

Grecian2K

Exeter University amongst a few others been found guilty of laying on special flights to bus in new Chinese students. Even now, after all that's happened.

Shameful.
If any of them are useful CM players I'd reserve judgement.
#onlyadaytildeadline

PS: Incidentally, curious how you "bus in" people with a plane? Does the public service vehicle go into the cargo bay for the flight of is it suspended "MASH style" from hawsers below the underbelly as "additional landing gear?

Last edited:

tavyred

I have to take it that (as usual) you read only the bits that suited you own views and NOT the whole article? 🙄

Yours sincerely
G2k (a paying subscriber of the "dreaded Guardian" for many years and not, merely, an on-line cherry-picker)
I read the lot actually G2K, especially the bit where it said migrant labour especially impacts those at the bottom of the wage scale and not so toward the top. Which probably explains why so many middle class city based so called progressives are unable to see the positives of Brexit. 🤷‍♂️

elginCity

Cameron gave these people an opportunity to give him and Osborne a well deserved kicking, they took it.
Don’t think so, it was never an anti-Cameron vote, he who’d gallantly tried to reform the perceived problem. ‘These people’ then took the opportunity to keep the party of austerity in power with an 80 seat majority, albeit with a different jockey.

tavyred

Don’t think so, it was never an anti-Cameron vote, he who’d gallantly tried to reform the perceived problem. ‘These people’ then took the opportunity to keep the party of austerity in power with an 80 seat majority, albeit with a different jockey.
You forget ‘I’ll honour your Brexit vote’ Corbyn wiping out Cameron’s hard won 2015 majority in the 2017 GE.
BJ’s current 80 seat is a lasting tribute to Corbyn reneging on his Brexit pledge.

tavyred

Grecian2K

Well, our Jason's former pin up Ms Mordaunt hasn't been featuring much in the Tory tabloids lately so that in this (at least) you could be on to something.

In the meantime, your smug referencing to your previously linked article did, I note, carefully sidestep the many accompanying "nuances" in the prior paragraphs.

Oh, and incidentally (as you are obviously an assiduous scrutineer of the "left wing press" did you also read Rawnsley's article about the apparently growing tension between your poor little "churchmouse" Boris and his millionaire neighbour in No 11 (and his Billionaire missus). At least they didn't need to go cap in hand to Mandy Milling for a handout.

Bozzer should be worried. After all with (soon) 2 of his sprogs to support Mrs J might already be considering inviting "Dishy" through the "party door" for a bit of child support.

tavyred

The fact is G2K two years ago Labour were espousing the joys of FOM, and now it looks like BJ may be able to point a record of rising wages in 2023, and not surprisingly Labour have probably realised that they need to change their tune on the subject.
You’ll still be wobbling on about the nuances in 2023 I take it?

Alistair20000

PS: Incidentally, curious how you "bus in" people with a plane?
Never heard of an Airbus G2K ?

elginCity

You forget ‘I’ll honour your Brexit vote’ Corbyn wiping out Cameron’s hard won 2015 majority in the 2017 election....
How do you reconcile 'Cameron's hard won 2015 majority' with 'Cameron gave people an opportunity to give him a well-deserved kicking' in 2016 ?

It was the perfect storm - the European migrant crisis and the UK's Eastern European influx fuelled the rise of UKIP, after years of anti-EU and anti-migrant rhetoric by the rags, Cameron seized the moment with a reckless election pledge giving the 'hard won' majority, then bailed out. The xenophobic vicars daughter discounted a soft version with her red lines with well-known Lexiter 'oh jezza' in opposition. Jezza flip-flopped within 2 years, under duress, and in waltzed de Pfeffel, jettisoning all moderate Tories to create a UKIP-lite Vote Leave party and a pledge to 'get it done'. The People losing the will to live by this time give the bounder an 80 seat majority, now having acted in haste, we can all repent at leisure.