• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Harrogate Town V Exeter City F.C.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also thought he interviewed well. His father it appears owns the club and has bankrolled his son's ambitions with the club now being over £5M in debt which for an essentially non league club is wholly unsustainable. I wonder when it will all go pop?
But apparently not prepared to stump up for a hotel after their game in London last Tuesday and, according to the manager, the subsequent late return to Yorkshire affected their preparation for yesterday's game.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
But apparently not prepared to stump up for a hotel after their game in London last Tuesday and, according to the manager, the subsequent late return to Yorkshire affected their preparation for yesterday's game.
Poor babies.

geoffwp

Poor babies.
Professional athletes as well. I expect it hit them hard as they didnt have their own personal Chelsea tractors or polar bear killers on hand to drive home. Welcome to the real world.

Red Devon

You don’t believe that old excuse do you ;)

Grecian2K

That wasn't there last night. Maybe they're slow counters.
Well, the way they're spaffing the cash with crowds like that they sure ain't "bean counters"

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don’t believe that old excuse do you ;)
I've no idea whether or not it had a direct effect on their performance, especially given our own nightmare journey on the Friday, However, there must be a reason why City almost always stay over in a hotel after midweek away games.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've no idea whether or not it had a direct effect on their performance, especially given our own nightmare journey on the Friday, However, there must be a reason why City almost always stay over in a hotel after midweek away games.
Tis certainly believed in this even when money was tight. Especially after midweek games.

If I was an employee of a company with our turnover I'd certainly expect a night's hotel after a day visiting another business which finished at 10pm. The players even have to share rooms (unless under 18 - "safeguarding").

Last edited:

Trapdoor

Hotel expenses are tax deductible as well.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a poor penalty decision from officials and that dive into the penalty area was Olympic standard.Taylor was justified in mentioning it.

elginCity

Given our location, a Van Hool sleeper coach might be worth considering. On eBay for around £40k second hand, would look real smart (and unique ?) with its City livery.